Lehman Trike Trunk Lock

Jan 9, 2023
Lincoln, ND USA
Hello,

I purchased my late father in laws 08 HD Ultra Classic with a Lehman Renegade trike conversion. I'm having issues with the trunk door opening up when I ride. Is there a lock or latch kit that I can install on the door? I've tried adjusting the door but it still wants to open up.

Thanks

Hello,

I purchased my late father in laws 08 HD Ultra Classic with a Lehman Renegade trike conversion. I'm having issues with the trunk door opening up when I ride. Is there a lock or latch kit that I can install on the door? I've tried adjusting the door but it still wants to open up.

Thanks

Mark.. Welcome to Trike Talk..👍👍

Hello,

Thanks

Welcome Sir. There have been several posts on this site about the same thing. You can also search Harley Trike Trunk for more.

Hope this helps.

Up date: I have got this lock replacement worked out but it will only work on the Lehman built bodies. There is a web site called truckcaportopperreplacementparts and they have more stuff than I ever dreamed was even made.

The lock system on the Lehman bodies is turned by a 1/4 inch square shaft operating the cable releases. Next time you have one break order a lockable "t" handle long shaft unir from these folks and throw away the OEM lock then drill two holds using the "t" handle rear flange as a template, guide the long square shaft through the square hole bolt it to the trike body using lock nuts, problem solved.
Cost, about $30.00

T handle conversion

Welcome Sir. There have been several posts on this site about the same thing. You can also search Harley Trike Trunk for more.

Hope this helps.

Up date: I have got this lock replacement worked out but it will only work on the Lehman built bodies. There is a web site called truckcaportopperreplacementparts and they have more stuff than I ever dreamed was even made. The lock system on the Lehman bodies is turned by a 1/4 inch square shaft operating the cable releases. Next time you have one break order a lockable "t" handle long shaft unir from these folks and throw away the OEM lock then drill two holds using the "t" handle rear flange as a template, guide the long squrae shaft through the square hole bolt it to the trike boody using lock nuts, problem solved. Cost, about $30.00

Could you go into a little more detail on how to do this, thxs

Hope this helps.

Up date: I have got this lock replacement worked out but it will only work on the Lehman built bodies. There is a web site called truckcaportopperreplacementparts and they have more stuff than I ever dreamed was even made. The lock system on the Lehman bodies is turned by a 1/4 inch square shaft operating the cable releases. Next time you have one break order a lockable "t" handle long shaft unir from these folks and throw away the OEM lock then drill two holds using the "t" handle rear flange as a template, guide the long squrae shaft through the square hole bolt it to the trike boody using lock nuts, problem solved. Cost, about $30.00
Newbie here. Picking up my 03 Road Glide, Lehman trike this Friday. 🎉🎉🎉. My latch is Broke and currently rigged with a pull cable. Any Pics of the repair you mention above?
Thanks Much,
Bobby
God Bless!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png