2017 FLRT Oil Cooler Cover Help Please

Noodles107

250+ Posts
Dec 8, 2022
Myrtle Beach SC USA
Good evening Ladies & Gents ...

Just spent one and a half hours removing the stock oil cooler cover in my effort to replace it with this Kuryakyn cool Gloss Black Oil Cooler Cover which of course says that it is for the 2017 Freewheeler. Of course it is not. That's not the biggest problem, and breaking the grommets on the stock cover is not the biggest problem either ... finding the Oil Cooler Cover that does actually fit my ride seems to be the real problem. I can't believe that HD doesn't even list one for the Freewheeler.

Anyone replaced the cover on their 2017 - 2019 FLRT Freewheeler? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

Jeff

Imports - 1 of 5.jpgScreen Shot 2023-01-18 at 8.06.12 PM.jpg

I painted mine to match my trike

My wife mixed the colors for me and got it right the first time

I do not know of a chrome cover that fits right to be offered by anyone

Paint it silver with acrylic paint

I painted mine to match my trike

My wife mixed the colors for me and got it right the first time

I do not know of a chrome cover that fits right to be offered by anyone

Paint it silver with acrylic paint

Thanks Jack ...

I was going for Gloss Black to match the Vivid Black trike paint. Unfortunately I broke the rubber grommets off the OEM cover when removing it. I might have to get another stock cover from HD if I can't find an aftermarket cover and paint it Gloss Black as you suggest. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again

Medium

#15 is the cover
Ref:15

COVER,OIL COOLER

[FONT=&quot]Price: $21.76[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png