Hard pan rod

I can't believe HD would replace the hard pan rod after the bike is out of warranty. That happens in April 2023 so I probably won't be able to get enough miles on it to wear out the next one. I am itching to get out already as I got the stage 1 upgrade just before snow hit and only got to ride 30-35 miles. I can't wait for spring!

Have that converstion with your dealer, find out what the warranty period is, get it in writting

HD knows this is a high wear item, that said get it in writting

This gives me an idea, as soon as I get my bike back. I will check my panhard rod and if it has no slop, I will remove it and build a jig. That way I can rebuild it when it does go bad, along with all my buddies.

So I just got my tike back yesterday. The service manager had multiple discussions with the MoCo about the heim joint ssue. He said that 2020 trikes had a nylon washer on both ends of the rod. In 2021 and later models the engineers decided to eliminate those washers. I can't figure out how a nylon washer would keep the heims from wearing out but I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed! He says he thinks all 2021 and later trikes will have that issue. He also was willing to bet that 2024 will be sporting 2 ”extra" nylon washers. Apparently the MoCo was not aware of the problem until my machine? I am skeptical about having no more problems but I will find out.

So I just got my tike back yesterday. The service manager had multiple discussions with the MoCo about the heim joint ssue. He said that 2020 trikes had a nylon washer on both ends of the rod. In 2021 and later models the engineers decided to eliminate those washers. I can't figure out how a nylon washer would keep the heims from wearing out but I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed! He says he thinks all 2021 and later trikes will have that issue. He also was willing to bet that 2024 will be sporting 2 ”extra" nylon washers. Apparently the MoCo was not aware of the problem until my machine? I am skeptical about having no more problems but I will find out.

Do you know if the MOCO authorized the dealer to put the 2 nylon washers on your Panhard rod?

Yep sure enough, there is a difference to the mounting hardware between the 2020 and 2021. Mine is a 2019 so it still has the washers. Going to have to check it anyhow for wear.

2020.png2021.png

OK enough of this bullshit. The joints HD are using are dog crap ok? I wont stand for having what little intelligence I have being insulted by some kid ( thats right)at a dealership. Nylon washer or no- they are not the cause one way or the other.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png