after market battery

Does anyone have any suggestions for an aftermarket battery that will fit the 2018 tri glide. I really dont want to pay 185.00 for the hd battery. I have checked a couple websites but the dimensions are off according to the size i found online.

oem battery height 5.69 in width 6.25 in length 6.60 in. I cant measure it myself, it is at the harley shop in winter storage.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an aftermarket battery that will fit the 2018 tri glide. I really dont want to pay 185.00 for the hd battery. I have checked a couple websites but the dimensions are off according to the size i found online.

oem battery height 5.69 in width 6.25 in length 6.60 in. I cant measure it myself, it is at the harley shop in winter storage.

Big Crank from ; Battery Mart. From Amazon …

I have always used the Big Crank form Battery Mart, but the price has increased to 149.99 on their web page. So i may just get one from the dealer next time for the 189 and be close by if it fails .

The Mega Crank is an overseas item and not for me.

I have always used the Big Crack form Battery Mart, but the price has increased to 149.99 on their web page. So i may just get one from the dealer next time for the 189 and be close by if it fails .

The Mega Crank is an overseas item and not for me.

So, what do you do if it fails on a trip? I have a jumpstart battery that I carry in my trunk. Not only that - when my battery was installed, I had them add a jumpstart cable to the battery. It is somewhat like a tender lead but designed to handle jumpstarts.

This way, in case of failure, you don't have to take the seat off - simply plug the jump starter in and hit the starter.

PRICE

Just remimber you get what you pay for. There places too be cheat and there is somethings you don,t cheap out on.

DEKA Batteries

Just remember you get what you pay for. There places too be cheat and there is somethings you don't cheap out on.

I can't say that they still supply all the batteries to the York assembly plant, but at one time in the past, DEKA supplied all H-D's batteries. Their battery cases are injection molded by Lancaster Mold, LLC in Lancaster PA and the final battery assembly is done Berks County PA, near Philadelphia.

The ETX30LA that fits my bike is an AGM (absorbed glass mat) battery. The drawbacks with this battery is the one-year warranty and the price; between $130 and $170, depending on supplier. BUT, the one in my bike is now five years old and cranks like it's brand new.

I can't say that they still supply all the batteries to the York assembly plant, but at one time in the past, DEKA supplied all H-D's batteries. Their battery cases are injection molded by Lancaster Mold, LLC in Lancaster PA and the final battery assembly is done Berks County PA, near Philadelphia.

The ETX30LA that fits my bike is an AGM (absorbed glass mat) battery. The drawbacks with this battery is the one-year warranty and the price; between $130 and $170, depending on supplier. BUT, the one in my bike is now five years old and cranks like it's brand new.

170 Dollars divided by 5 years =34 dollars per year...About what two tanks of gas cost ..,

I have always used the Deka Big Cranks and they all last about 3 1/2 years. I do carry a jump pack with me now. This is on a trike. The Big Crank in my softails lasted a little longer.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png