Updated Reviews Requested - "New" Harley Lithium LiFe 8Ah Battery

hydraglide

150+ Posts
Dec 5, 2021
Woodridge,Il USA
Updated Reviews Requested - "New" Harley Lithium LiFe 8Ah Battery

Hi All-

I'm looking for some updated reviews, positive or negative (pun intended :laugh:) on the "new" Harley Lithium LiFe 8Ah battery. From what I've uncovered searching the forum, most all reviews are related to the "older version" (first release) of the Harley lithium battery.

The master tech at my dealership highly recommended that I make the move to the new version LiFe 8Ah battery. He has them on all his bikes, including a Pan. From what I understand, they don't need to be connected to a battery tender (yes I'm aware of the special tender required for maintaining lithium batteries ;)) much if at all as compared to my current (pun intended again :Trike1:) AGM battery. 5 year warranty sounds good. I'm just done with battery life being so unpredictable. I've been burned twice with my Ultra when it started fine at home but failed to start while out and about. I'm looking to be proactive in this area now.

My concerns are regarding cold/cool starts, reverse draw and if anyone has had issues with powering updated sound systems. But please, only comments related to the new version of this battery. The old version was superseded for a reason.

Hi All-

I'm looking for some updated reviews, positive or negative (pun intended :laugh:) on the "new" Harley Lithium LiFe 8Ah battery. From what I've uncovered searching the forum, most all reviews are related to the "older version" (first release) of the Harley lithium battery.

The master tech at my dealership highly recommended that I make the move to the new version LiFe 8Ah battery. He has them on all his bikes, including a Pan. From what I understand, they don't need to be connected to a battery tender (yes I'm aware of the special tender required for maintaining lithium batteries ;)) much if at all as compared to my current (pun intended again :Trike1:) AGM battery. 5 year warranty sounds good. I'm just done with battery life being so unpredictable. I've been burned twice with my Ultra when it started fine at home but failed to start while out and about. I'm looking to be proactive in this area now.

My concerns are regarding cold/cool starts, reverse draw and if anyone has had issues with powering updated sound systems. But please, only comments related to the new version of this battery. The old version was superseded for a reason.

I was just in the process of looking to replace my battery. Did some research, asked some questions and came up with...not yet. I really wanted to change over but don't want to be their beta tester. I'll look to the aftermarket first. Next time.

I was just in the process of looking to replace my battery. Did some research, asked some questions and came up with...not yet. I really wanted to change over but don't want to be their beta tester. I'll look to the aftermarket first. Next time.

You guys got me thinking - looks like a nice battery - I like the light weight.

Then I said, $300 for the battery. Looks like the new tender is about $200 - so, I am already looking at $500. If I am getting 3 years out of my current battery (actually changed the last one at 5 years), then <I can buy at least 3 batteries.

Bike has a booster jumper cable attached and I have a lithium booster in the trunk. I would lose all of that.

Hummm, does not seem cost effective for me right now.

You guys got me thinking - looks like a nice battery - I like the light weight.

Then I said, $300 for the battery. Looks like the new tender is about $200 - so, I am already looking at $500. If I am getting 3 years out of my current battery (actually changed the last one at 5 years), then <I can buy at least 3 batteries.

Bike has a booster jumper cable attached and I have a lithium booster in the trunk. I would lose all of that.

Hummm, does not seem cost effective for me right now.
I agree with this. Just can not bring myself to pay that much for a battery and not have the ability to jump start it if need be. $300 for one battery is like 6 to 10 years of new AGM batteries.

I've been running lithium in my Sportster for over 10 years, but not in the Tri Glides.

I agree with the previous posts, it is not cost effective.

Only reason I run them in the Sporty is because I needed more space.

As you can see in the video below, my first lithium lasted a bit over 9 years, and I rarely used a tender on it.

Kevin

I've been running lithium in my Sportster for over 10 years, but not in the Tri Glides.

I agree with the previous posts, it is not cost effective.

Only reason I run them in the Sporty is because I needed more space.

As you can see in the video below, my first lithium lasted a bit over 9 years, and I rarely used a tender on it.

Kevin

Kevin- Any reason you’ve run the Lithium battery on your Sporty but not the Tri-Glide?

besides from the cost perspective? (Thinking)

Inquiring minds want to know… :laugh:

Hi All-

I just put one in my Tri Glide, the Harley charger was $55.00 at the dealership. The dealer said there were no issues. I’ll let you know if there are. Be Safe BK

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png