Royal Enfield Meteor 350/Inder Export Sodecar

I finally got my RE Meteor/Inder Export sidecar on the road. I live in Cambodia and it took 5 months from the time of ordering from India shipping, dealing with corrupt Cambodia Customs, fixing all the Inder Export workmanship problems, designing the attachment and alignment.

There are two "Inder" sidecar companies in India and its near impossible to tell them apart when ordering. There is Inder Automotive that has a tube frame and Inder Exports that has a bar-stock frame. I wanted the tube frame, but got bar-stock frame. The two companies are run by cousins.

It took me a while to fix the poor workmanship on the sidecar. The holes in the floor of the car don't line up with the frame mounts so on one hole they ripped the floor to make it fit. Since the holes don't line up with the frame mounts they warped the floor to make it fit. I had to fabricate a treated wood floor to make it stronger.

The sidecar comes with a mechanical brake set up, but the Meteor has hydraulic brakes. I ordered an extra non-brake swing-arm, but it was too short and the bearing mount was wrong and didn't fit. (company says they are sending me one that fits.) The headlight arrived burned out and one side-marker light didn't work. (Company says they are sending me a new headlight and I ordered a new marker-light from China)

Before I ordered the Inder Export sidecar I tried to buy one from Cosy and their dealer MGE. They both treated me like dirt!! Guess they don't need new customers after being on Lenos' garage show!

One wheel bearing was bad and I had ordered/bought two extras so changed it out (company sent me some more extras.)

I ordered and extra mounting kit and used almost all of it and the one that came with the car. Both sets of frame clamps were too big. I used all the metal frame shims in the kits and drilled the side of the clamp and into the frame and drove in an expanding steel roll-pin so it would not move.

Attachments

• ZZZZZmoto1.jpg
    ZZZZZmoto1.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 44
  • ZZZZZmoto2.jpg
    ZZZZZmoto2.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 45
  • ZZZZZmoto5.jpg
    ZZZZZmoto5.jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 45
I finally got my RE Meteor/Inder Export sidecar on the road. I live in Cambodia and it took 5 months from the time of ordering from India shipping, dealing with corrupt Cambodia Customs, fixing all the Inder Export workmanship problems, designing the attachment and alignment.

There are two "Inder" sidecar companies in India and its near impossible to tell them apart when ordering. There is Inder Automotive that has a tube frame and Inder Exports that has a bar-stock frame. I wanted the tube frame, but got bar-stock frame. The two companies are run by cousins.

It took me a while to fix the poor workmanship on the sidecar. The holes in the floor of the car don't line up with the frame mounts so on one hole they ripped the floor to make it fit. Since the holes don't line up with the frame mounts they warped the floor to make it fit. I had to fabricate a treated wood floor to make it stronger.

The sidecar comes with a mechanical brake set up, but the Meteor has hydraulic brakes. I ordered an extra non-brake swing-arm, but it was too short and the bearing mount was wrong and didn't fit. (company says they are sending me one that fits.) The headlight arrived burned out and one side-marker light didn't work. (Company says they are sending me a new headlight and I ordered a new marker-light from China)

Before I ordered the Inder Export sidecar I tried to buy one from Cosy and their dealer MGE. They both treated me like dirt!! Guess they don't need new customers after being on Lenos' garage show!

One wheel bearing was bad and I had ordered/bought two extras so changed it out (company sent me some more extras.)

I ordered and extra mounting kit and used almost all of it and the one that came with the car. Both sets of frame clamps were too big. I used all the metal frame shims in the kits and drilled the side of the clamp and into the frame and drove in an expanding steel roll-pin so it would not move.

👍👍……

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png