Front Suspension- Is It A Big Improvement?

tpb857

20+ Posts
May 11, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I made an appointment to get the rear suspension changed on my 22 CVO trike. I’m considering having the front done too. For those of you who got the forks done after you already had the rear done, was it worth it? Thanks.

Tom

I made an appointment to get the rear suspension changed on my 22 CVO trike. I’m considering having the front done too. For those of you who got the forks done after you already had the rear done, was it worth it? Thanks.

Tom

I have frt & rear Pro Action, luv it. George also honors his warranty 100%..See you are in Pitt so assuming thats where your headed ??

I have had Pro A first on the 16 Tri & when I got the 20 had it done right away. only diff was 13" on the 16 & went to 14" on the 20.

I have frt & rear Pro Action, luv it. George also honors his warranty 100%..See you are in Pitt so assuming thats where your headed ??

I have had Pro A first on the 16 Tri & when I got the 20 had it done right away. only diff was 13" on the 16 & went to 14" on the 20.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am going to Pro Action. I am actually north of Pittsburgh about 20 minutes from their shop. I spoke to both George and Julie. Very nice people. I am going with the 13s as I don't want to change the height of the rear end. Did you put yours on the rear first and then the front later or both at the same time?

Thanks again.

Which Pro Action do you have in the front. I have the 14” shocks in the rear?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am going to Pro Action. I am actually north of Pittsburgh about 20 minutes from their shop. I spoke to both George and Julie. Very nice people. I am going with the 13s as I don't want to change the height of the rear end. Did you put yours on the rear first and then the front later or both at the same time?

Thanks again.

I had frt & rear done at the same time on the 20

Anything is better than stock up front. I just went to a heavier fluid and added 1/2 oz more. I’m planning on trading it so I didn’t want to overspend. I do have the 14” pro Action on the rear and in conjunction with the new softer Michelin Defenders it’s Mo betta. When I get a newer trike I will do front cartridge of some sort. I have Progressive cartridge in my 07 FLHTC and they do well.

I had the fort and rear Pro Action done. The trike sticks to the road is the best I can explain the change in performance, as well as a smoother ride. George is great to work with. Be Safe BK

Thanks again.

Just a consideration on the 14 inch. The height diff is not noticeable, and if you ever trailer the trike the inch rise helps your clearance loading the bike. Be Safe BK

I had the fort and rear Pro Action done. The trike sticks to the road is the best I can explain the change in performance, as well as a smoother ride. George is great to work with. Be Safe BK

Thanks, Barry. That's the ride I'm looking for. Regarding the height, I would go with the 14 inch if the tires on my trike were standard, but CVOs are low profile. That may or may not make a difference in a noticeable height change. BTW, not far from you. Hopewell, just over the Center Twp line.

Thanks, Barry. That's the ride I'm looking for. Regarding the height, I would go with the 14 inch if the tires on my trike were standard, but CVOs are low profile. That may or may not make a difference in a noticeable height change. BTW, not far from you. Hopewell, just over the Center Twp line.

Call George at Pro A & talk to him about the diff in tires. He may be able to shed more light .

What did you use in the front? I saw on their web site you can get new springs and damper rods for 350.00. Like to hear from somebody that has tried these.

Thanks

I’m sure I’ll see ur on the road. What color is ur cvo?

I have a full suspension upgrade from DK Customs. I have the 14" NexGen shocks with lift in the rear and the FST cartridge in the front. It was night and day from stock. I had the rears done first as the FST was on backorder and it felt "loose" to use a racing term. When the FST came in and were installed, it tightened everything up and it handles like it's on rail now. My experience, when I just did the rear, it brought to light how bad the front really was.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png