pedal switch

Dragon

250+ Posts
Dec 28, 2010
oly,wa
20230323_062837_resized.jpg20230323_062817_resized.jpg

I will try another electrical problem. can someone explain the wiring for the pedal forward and back motion:xzqxz:

Thanx

Dragon

I replaced this switch, and the air compressor switch, with some from Amazon several years ago. If I remember correctly, the center is power, up is one way and down is the other. One side is for the gas and one side is for the brake. You do need to lube the screw drives once in a while or one will run slower than the other and the pedals will not be even. Rick

View attachment 112246View attachment 112247

I will try another electrical problem. can someone explain the wiring for the pedal forward and back motion:xzqxz:

Thanx

Dragon

Chuck what you have there is a double pole double throw momentary switch.

The yellow and blue wires go to the terminals on the motors on each pedal assembly.

The Red wire is the hot and the Black wire is the ground.

The hot and ground are on the center poles so they can be connected to each pole on one end or the other depending on which way you push the switch.

When the switched is pushed one direction, let's say up on the picture, the left side connects the red (POWER) to the blue wire, and the black (GROUND) is connected to the yellow wire. This will cause the motor to turn in a direction.

When you push the switch in the down direction the red then connects the red (POWER) to the yellow wire and the Black (GROUND) is connected to the blue wire.

This connection causes the motor to turn in the opposite direction by reversing the terminal connections on the motors.

Thats why the yellow and blue wires cross over on the switch poles to reverse the connections to the terminals.

I hope this helps.

Ted

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png