Shifter and floor boards

Mar 27, 2023
Buena Vista
I am purchasing a 2014 CSC Goldwing. The only issue that I have with it is the gear shifter is a heel toe shifter. I wear a size 14 boot and frankly it does not fit between the fore and aft shifter pads on the heel to shifter.

Does anyone else have this issue and how did you deal with it. When I test drove it that is one issue that almost made me go a different route.

I currently ride a 2012 GL 1800 and I found the small nub of a shifter to be an issue so I took the rubber off of it and added a Z shaped extension to it to accommodate me. I has been working great for the past 8 years so, now I need to hear what everyone else has to sa and if it has been an issue for many others.

Thanx for your insight!!!

Tom

ps: this is the trike i am buying!!

IMG_3367.jpg

Tom - I wear a size 13 boot - and am not having any difficulty. My trike is a Harley but I didn't think here was that much difference.

Not sure I use the toe as much as I use the ball (behind the toe). Try this - just jump on the trike and lay your foot on the entire shifter. Don't think about changing gears - just get comfortable. When you find that spot, that is where you want to be.

Now, when riding - use the rotation of your ankle to change gears. I think you may find this very helpful.

Good luck

I rode the bike and found it very hard to shift and when riding where to put my foot. I had to have it at like a 45 degree angle to miss both levers. We will see when it gets here and figure out something. Just looking to see what other thought.

Necessity is the mother of invention

Tom I don't have big feet but i'm not big on pegs and short on money.I believe you can flip the boards up.Try this if they will.Flip them up and use the trikes boards to put your feet on and try shifting using either the stock or the front shifter.The boards are weight barring so you cause any problems doing this.I know of several that do it this way. I took the pegs off mine and use it this way.I like it well enough that I'm not willing to pay for boards for the difference.

This may not be doable with the Kuryakyn boards.I couldn't get my feet between the pegs on the boards for my 1500.I took the rear peg of and put a short bushing about 1in. in its place.The shorter peg on the back allowed me a pretty much straight shot at the end of the front peg and just enough rear that it wasn't a problem.

20230329_100515.jpg

This is what is on my 2019 and I have trouble going from 1st to 2nd while wearing soft shoes, but if I use the heal shifter for that the rest are no problem. I had gout in my left foot and if it was not for the heal/toe shifter I would not have been able to ride.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png