Low speed wobble

Hi everyone new to forum and trikes. Have a 2010 harley flhxxx and at speeds under 25 mph and uneven or just rough pavement the front wheel shakes really bad until you get the bike stoped. All New tires.any help would greatly appreciated

Hi everyone new to forum and trikes. Have a 2010 harley flhxxx and at speeds under 25 mph and uneven or just rough pavement the front wheel shakes really bad until you get the bike stoped. All New tires.any help would greatly appreciated

Dwane… Welcome to Trike Talk…👍 Is this something new happening Or before you got new tires ..?

It's been that way since I got it from the Harley dealer. Had them look into the problem and the response I got was It's normal. Would try a new stabilizer but big $$$$ just to test. Going to do the fall away test this weekend Thanks for all the help

It's been that way since I got it from the Harley dealer. Had them look into the problem and the response I got was It's normal. Would try a new stabilizer but big $$$$ just to test. Going to do the fall away test this weekend Thanks for all the help
Not normal. If its an Ohlins stabilizer they will rebuild it. Jack up the front end and with a mechanics stethoscope ( cheap at Harbor Freight) listen at the axle area while turning the wheel. Odd metal on metal or grinding noise is bad wheel bearings. Check brake rotor runout with a dial caliper ( clamp on one at HF reasonable price) then as mentioned check the neck bearings.Also examine your wheels carefully for cracks- spray some window cleaner on them and look for seeping. Your dipshit dealer should have performed these tests.

bearings on 3 wheels need to be a tad tighter than the standard 2 wheel fall away

Just another thought check the front of the engine front cylinder top of the head there’s a stabilizer link it’s called a Tie link. Check the bolts that hold it sometimes they will loosen up or even sheer off the bolts had that on my 11 Triglide if I remember correctly they are 9/16 bolts ……….

But that was such a common problem the Harley dealership should have noticed that if they were bad, Is there a possibility?? when you hit a rough patch of road you put the death grip on the handle bars and magnifies the wobble situation you might have to ease up a little bit on your grip ?..

Just another thought check the front of the engine front cylinder top of the head there’s a stabilizer link it’s called a Tie link. Check the bolts that hold it sometimes they will loosen up or even sheer off the bolts had that on my 11 Triglide if I remember correctly they are 9/16 bolts ……….

But that was such a common problem the Harley dealership should have noticed that if they were bad, Is there a possibility?? when you hit a rough patch of road you put the death grip on the handle bars and magnifies the wobble situation you might have to ease up a little bit on your grip ?..

Just to add after rereading your original post I realize this is your first three wheeler ? I would think that the death grip is probably the problem. I don’t think Harley Dealers are that incompetent where they can’t find a mechanical problem.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png