right-side heat

Floorboard extenders and Mighty Might fan

Randy sells the fan

http://www.cutnshootcustoms.com/

D K Customs for the floorboard extenders

https://www.dkcustomproducts.com/ri...p-harley-fl-trike-models-dk-tr-flb-ext-tg.htm

Here is the fan

no-box.png

As rhino 2 mentioned, removing the cat will reduce the amount of felt heat.

If it is still too hot for her after that, then reducing actual heat, will also reduce felt heat.

There is a complete Written Report at this LINK on all the things you can do to reduce actual heat.

And here is a video on 10 low and no cost ways to reduce heat. #5 in the video is removing the cat.

Kevin

My wife is getting skin irritation (burns?) on her right calf from her 2022 FLRT.

Anybody else have this problem and if so, what did you do about it?

btw, just noticed you are in Jasper! WOW!!!

We have fond memories of your corner of the world, and hope to be back soon.

Here's a LINK from one day of our time up your way.

Here's a photo from that day-

ToJasperMid_zps550176da.jpg

If you do not want to mess with the cat (or you can do this in addition to removing the cat), wrap the hottest part of the exhaust with this TAPE. It will greatly reduce the amount of heat radiating out to her right leg.

Here's a vid of that tape....on your Freewheeler, you can put the tape behind the shields and it will not be readily visible.

Kevin

I wrapped my exhaust pipes which significantly reduced the heat to my right leg. Also, installed the extended floor boards.

Exhaust wrap I used:

https://www.amazon.com/Design-Engin...mzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840

Also, some people are use these with results.

https://www.designengineering.com/products/heat-control/heat-shield-liners/

I have used the Titanium Exhaust Header Heat Wrap, it fell apart after one year. So I would stay away from it.

If your are going the pull headers off, might as well de-cat. You also can buy de-catted headers on Ebay for around $150.00.

Nice photo - I liked it there too.

Sorry for the confusion - we're from the ORIGINAL Jasper. Ontario not Alberta.

Oh my. Sorry for my ignorance...I see, you are on the other side of the country!

If she still has the OEM air cleaner...that is something we call a Hot Box. See video below. If not, then it is just the heat radiating from the engine, and cooling it down should help her leg.

Kevin

SNIP

If you do not want to mess with the cat (or you can do this in addition to removing the cat), wrap the hottest part of the exhaust with this TAPE. It will greatly reduce the amount of heat radiating out to her right leg. Here's a vid of that tape....on your Freewheeler, you can put the tape behind the shields and it will not be readily visible.

Kevin

The video on the heat wrap is excellent. Upfront and informative as always. What do you recommend for a wire tire to secure the wrap when beginning and ending? Will need something that won't interfere with the clamps when I put the heat shields back on.

The video on the heat wrap is excellent. Upfront and informative as always. What do you recommend for a wire tire to secure the wrap when beginning and ending? Will need something that won't interfere with the clamps when I put the heat shields back on.

Thanks for the good words. Glad you are finding the videos useful/interesting.

I use hose clamps, and just like the hose clamps that hold the heat shields on, the bulky part of the hose clamp is on the engine side, so not readily visible.

I know a lot of guys that use metal zip ties, and they work fine also, I just find the hose clamps usually have a wider footprint, and are easier to tighten.

Enjoy your ride!

Kevin

Thanks for the good words. Glad you are finding the videos useful/interesting.

I use hose clamps, and just like the hose clamps that hold the heat shields on, the bulky part of the hose clamp is on the engine side, so not readily visible.

I know a lot of guys that use metal zip ties, and they work fine also, I just find the hose clamps usually have a wider footprint, and are easier to tighten.

Enjoy your ride!

Kevin

I have to agree with Kevin. I used stainless steel wire straps. Although they work great, if I had thought of the hose clamps, it would made it easier. I also would not use the Titanium Wrap. I used it and within 1 year, it had disintegrated. I re-wrapped with the asbestos wrap and sprayed it with silicone paint and it has held up great. I wrapped my buddy's pipes 3 years ago with the asbestos wrap and silicone paint and after 55+k miles it is still looking great. Here is what I used:

https://www.amazon.com/Design-Engin...fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840&th=1

I have to agree with Kevin. I used stainless steel wire straps. Although they work great, if I had thought of the hose clamps, it would made it easier. I also would not use the Titanium Wrap. I used it and within 1 year, it had disintegrated. I re-wrapped with the asbestos wrap and sprayed it with silicone paint and it has held up great. I wrapped my buddy's pipes 3 years ago with the asbestos wrap and silicone paint and after 55+k miles it is still looking great. Here is what I used:

https://www.amazon.com/Design-Engin...fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840&th=1

That is strange about the titanium wrap. That is my sporty in the video with the Titanium wrap applied over 10 years ago now....still in great condition. And it has been ridden in all kinds of weather, all over the country.

Did you use the Titanium wrap seen at this LINK? Or was it a different Titanium wrap?

Glad you got some wrap on there that you and your bud are liking!

Kevin

That is strange about the titanium wrap. That is my sporty in the video with the Titanium wrap applied over 10 years ago now....still in great condition. And it has been ridden in all kinds of weather, all over the country.

Did you use the Titanium wrap seen at this LINK? Or was it a different Titanium wrap?

Glad you got some wrap on there that you and your bud are liking!

Kevin

I used Design Engineering Inc. titanium wrap.

Thank you for letting me know.

Wow, that is surprising. Don't doubt your experience, just wonder why.

Is it that much hotter in Texas? :D

Glad the other wrap is working well for you. :clapping:

Kevin

Don't know why either. All I know it was coming off in pieces. I original wrapped because it being on your bike for so long. Just didn't workout for me.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png