21 CVO COOLANT LEAK

I was traveling out west for 12 days, last year and my 2021 CVO had a puddle under the right lower fairing, at one of our rest stops. I went to a Harley dealership and they put a new clamp and put more coolant into the revisor and off I went. Now 5 dealerships down and I am still losing coolant in the revisor, but no puddles on the floor, they are telling me, there is no leak. They have replaced clamps, hoses, and continue to fill it up to the correct levels. They have told me, that the water pump works and everything is good and they can't find any leaks. But they are not the ones, who are riding the bike, when it starts to overheat or are the ones, riding a bike with no coolant. The service techs are even getting worse, than better for looking for problems. I did a 15 k service at a Harley dealership and one of my tires, almost fell off, while riding, I even went over the Bay bridge. I was heading up to get my Boogie lights fixed, that after going to the dealership, they didn't work and as we were pushing the bike into the garage, heard a clanking in the back, discovered a lug nut completely off and the wheel was ruined. We also discovered, why the lights didn't work, because they put the pos on the ground on the battery, who does that. The engine oil was 1 1/2 quart low and a nice scratch on the fender of my bike. Just think I paid all that money for those kinds of headaches, called dealership and the browbeating me, say a lot of this is my mistake. Kinda went out in a different direction here, does anyone know what's going on, with the coolant. just disappearing like this?

I was traveling out west for 12 days, last year and my 2021 CVO had a puddle under the right lower fairing, at one of our rest stops. I went to a Harley dealership and they put a new clamp and put more coolant into the revisor and off I went. Now 5 dealerships down and I am still losing coolant in the revisor, but no puddles on the floor, they are telling me, there is no leak. They have replaced clamps, hoses, and continue to fill it up to the correct levels. They have told me, that the water pump works and everything is good and they can't find any leaks. But they are not the ones, who are riding the bike, when it starts to overheat or are the ones, riding a bike with no coolant. The service techs are even getting worse, than better for looking for problems. I did a 15 k service at a Harley dealership and one of my tires, almost fell off, while riding, I even went over the Bay bridge. I was heading up to get my Boogie lights fixed, that after going to the dealership, they didn't work and as we were pushing the bike into the garage, heard a clanking in the back, discovered a lug nut completely off and the wheel was ruined. We also discovered, why the lights didn't work, because they put the pos on the ground on the battery, who does that. The engine oil was 1 1/2 quart low and a nice scratch on the fender of my bike. Just think I paid all that money for those kinds of headaches, called dealership and the browbeating me, say a lot of this is my mistake. Kinda went out in a different direction here, does anyone know what's going on, with the coolant. just disappearing like this?

I had the same problem with my 2015 wet head ultra limited. Kept losing coolant with no puddles beneath the bike. No dealer could tell me what the problem was as they found no leak. Then one day I started it up with a huge puff of white smoke and I rode it home. When I unscrewed the oil cap it was like opening a can of shaken up beer all kinds of pressure in the oil tank and it blew oil all over everything. I took it back to the dealer they saw the problem checked it out and it required a new front head. Apparently the fluid was leaking into the motor somehow and being burnt and somehow air was getting back to the oil tank through the oil passage. Don't ask me how because I have no idea all I know is it pressurized the oil tank. When they change the head all the problems were gone. They had to call the factory and they told them to change the head.

If its not leaking its got to be going out though the engine ...On cars in the 50/60's that was common with bad head gaskets....If theres no leaks and everything is dry Then thats the first thing the dealer should have look for....Radiator mechanic's 101...

Hi John, :welcome: to Trike Talk and your first post

There is a chance you have a blown head gasket or a cracked head causing the problem

That said you need to call customer service to get them involved in your problem

Here is a contact number, they will open a case file between you and your dealer, play nice on the phone with them for best results

[FONT=&quot]800-258-2464 or 414-343-4056[/FONT]

Hi John, :welcome: to Trike Talk and your first post

There is a chance you have a blown head gasket or a cracked head causing the problem

That said you need to call customer service to get them involved in your problem

Here is a contact number, they will open a case file between you and your dealer, play nice on the phone with them for best results

[FONT=&quot]800-258-2464 or 414-343-4056[/FONT]

Yes you would think that would be the problem. Head gasket someplace. But that doesn't explain how my oil tank got pressurized. I still haven't figured that one out.. All I know is my smoked heavy white smoke like a bastard for about 10 seconds before it quit.

Yes you would think that would be the problem. Head gasket someplace. But that doesn't explain how my oil tank got pressurized. I still haven't figured that one out.. All I know is my smoked heavy white smoke like a bastard for about 10 seconds before it quit.

Interesting about the pressure in the oil tank, but the coolant system is pressurized so maybe the combo of that and the oil system creating pressure, did you notice any frothing on the oil stick?

Interesting about the pressure in the oil tank, but the coolant system is pressurized so maybe the combo of that and the oil system creating pressure, did you notice any frothing on the oil stick?

Don't remember. This was back in 2016 when it happened. But the oil pressure increased a lot. When it was warmed up it would run at 60 lb. Neither the dealer or the motor company . had seen anything like it. I still have no answers.

If its not leaking its got to be going out though the engine ...On cars in the 50/60's that was common with bad head gaskets....If theres no leaks and everything is dry Then thats the first thing the dealer should have look for....Radiator mechanic's 101...

Just to add…….

Check the dipstick on both your transmission and engine oil if it comes up a cream color then that’s where it’s going….

Hey John….. I forgot to Welcome you to our group…Trike-Talk…👍👍

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png