2009 C50 Lehman Tramp trunk lock

May 14, 2023
scranton, pa
Hello all, I'm new to the forum. I have a 2009 C50 Lehman Tramp trike. I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I bought it a few months ago and the flat piece inside the trunk to hold it closed is missing along with the fasteners. The person said they did not have the trunk key but the lock itself was broken and would not lock.

Like a fool, I believed them when they said the parts are plentiful and I would not have any trouble finding a replacement lock and flat piece to keep it closed. I was disappointed that they are nowhere to be found. I can live with the lock not locking but it constantly bounces open while riding. Does anyone know where I might locate a replacement part or have a picture of the flat piece with screws so I can make one myself to keep it from opening and closing while riding.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help with this issue.

Hello all, I'm new to the forum. I have a 2009 C50 Lehman Tramp trike. I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I bought it a few months ago and the flat piece inside the trunk to hold it closed is missing along with the fasteners. The person said they did not have the trunk key but the lock itself was broken and would not lock.

Like a fool, I believed them when they said the parts are plentiful and I would not have any trouble finding a replacement lock and flat piece to keep it closed. I was disappointed that they are nowhere to be found. I can live with the lock not locking but it constantly bounces open while riding. Does anyone know where I might locate a replacement part or have a picture of the flat piece with screws so I can make one myself to keep it from opening and closing while riding.

Bill.. Welcome to Trike Talk…👍👍..I can’t help on the lock but I’m sure someone will chime in with some ideas/info…

:wave4:Welcome to Trike Talk Bill!!! Lehman is owned by Champion Trikes in Arizona now. Otherwise I would try marine or toolbox parts suppliers but yo would have to know the parts your missing look like.

See what you can find in a metal filing cabinet, desk drawer, in a hardware store or something like that... Or see if you can order from Champion.

Good luck. And, welcome to the board.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png