Health care company scam

Phu Cat

2250+ Posts
Oct 4, 2011
Ocala, Florida
I received a phone call from someone saying they were with my healthcare provider (by name) and that "I was due for a prescription renewal". When I asked "which prescription?" the line went dead. Even tho this sounded like a legitimate call from my healthcare company I doubt that it was. Don't assume anyone is legit just because they name your doctor, insurance company, or even the community you live, in as it may not be. I suspect they'd have gotten around to asking for my medicare number or something else that was sensitive.

I received a phone call from someone saying they were with my healthcare provider (by name) and that "I was due for a prescription renewal". When I asked "which prescription?" the line went dead. Even tho this sounded like a legitimate call from my healthcare company I doubt that it was. Don't assume anyone is legit just because they name your doctor, insurance company, or even the community you live, in as it may not be. I suspect they'd have gotten around to asking for my medicare number or something else that was sensitive.

Thanks for sharing - all sorts of scammers out there. And - have you gotten you new Blue & White Medicare card yet?

Yeah Cycle, been getting that one for about a year or so, but hang up on them. Bet they're eventually going to want to 'verify' my medicare number.

Yeah Cycle, been getting that one for about a year or so, but hang up on them. Bet they're eventually going to want to 'verify' my medicare number.

If I am not too busy, I like to talk to them. Tell them I have not received it. Also ask if they can get me a metal one so I won't lose it.

They do want the number so I told him I needed to get my glasses - couldn't read it. He waited - then I said would get my wife to read for him. But, she's in the bathroom - can you please hold.

Amazing how long they will wait

I hate these calls as I'm hearing impaired and they're almost always speaking in a foreign accent making it even tougher to understand them. Think I'm gonna start using Cycle's idea.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png