Quote Originally Posted by GoldWingrGreg View Post
At rest you're describing forks that are fully extended ... but when test rode, and when applying the front brakes, they have full travel.

I'd unbolt the 2 allen bolts that hold the ADV in place. If there is no change to your 4-5/8" measurement from the top of the seal to the nylon tie, then the forks need dissembled and inpected. From here it sounds like the springs are to stiff, or someone has added an add'l spacer making them that way.

At rest, the measurement from the top of the fork seal to the nylon tie should probably be in the 2-3 measurement range". That also means that the fist test that we started with, with the pinky touching the top of the fender ... the space between the top of your fist to the plastic cowl is probably well more then an inch. Is that correct ???
I tend to think it’s ok, because as soon as I get on it the front compresses, remember I’m heavy. When my little wife gets on I don’t know because we can’t see. She checked it when I mounted. I don’t think it hits top or bottom now when riding and the front suspension feels really good on the bumps. The bike rides better than it ever did now. I’ll bet it has heavier springs but they’re not that heavy when we’re both on it. We’re probably creating a 425 to 450 load, us and our crap.