Bullet Brake

Also interested. Curious if there are any ill effects with keeping pressure on the brake system for extended periods.....?

i haven't used a bullit brake but what i do is i have a peice of velcro around my front brake lever. i unwrap it and use it as the parking brake when i have to park on a hill. i have yet to see any ill affects of keeping pressure on the front brake for extended periods of time. so i would say as far as the bullit brake there shouldn't be any problem. for many years forklifts were made with a lever that would keep pressure the same way as a parking brake. only issue with that system was after years of use the lever piston would start to leak internally and not keep the brake on past 5 minutes.

btw this system has been around since the 70's maybe not on motorcycles but construction equipment.

I have the Bullet Brake and it's the best little invention ever......

It's an absolute must on the 2018+ DCT Trikes IMHO.....I just don't trust the Honda OEM parking brake.

The Bullet brake is simple to install and nobody even knows it's on your bike......it locks the Trike solid in place, it's not going anywhere.

I never use it long term, only for shorter stops or in areas that have a sharp grade.

You sure won't leave the BB on by mistake, as you won't move with it enabled.

IMG_9124.jpg

We installed the Bullet Brake within a week of buying our 2018 Goldwing DCT.

We then had it triked and use it every time we are parked on any incline at all. You won't drive away with this on. It works slick and nobody will be able to push your trike or bike with it on.

Wouldn't be without one now!

Super easy install and only took 5-10 minutes once we had our rags and tools in order.

You want to put rags below it, when you go to install it, as brake fluid isn't meant for paint. I don't think we had a drip when taking brake line apart but still put some rags below it, just in case.

Glad there's alternatives for everyone.....

I wouldn't be happy with a simple plastic clamp device on the handlebar, the BulletBrake is well worth the bucks IMHO.

Integration and not having to store a device makes it something I will always use and have immediately accessible.

Another issue is people fiddling with stuff, that's my concern with the Honda parking brake.....just to easy to flip the lever and the Trike is rolling. If it's visible people with mess with it.

The BB is pretty much invisible and nobody knows why the bike is locked in position but you.

I know a Velcro strap or something like the brake lock described above will not work on my trike. I've tried it. I have aftermarket levers and anything I use to try to lock the brake just slides down towards the center and won't hold the brake on. Looks like a Bullet Brake is in my near future.....

Ordered a Bullet Brake this evening. Thanks all for the information and a special thanks to the OP for bringing this up and helping me spend some money. :clapping:

Ordered a Bullet Brake this evening. Thanks all for the information and a special thanks to the OP for bringing this up and helping me spend some money. :clapping:

You'll really like it.....works as advertised and easy to install.

Just pump and fully release the brake lever about 15-20 times after install to allow any bubbles to float back into the master cylinder.

BB-05 is for Honda Goldwing...

Got mine in the mail this afternoon. It goes on tomorrow. Instructions very clear and installation is simple. When I ordered it, I gave them the make, model and year of my bike. It is the BB-05. Choice of black or chrome. I chose black to blend in so others would not be curious and play with it......

I lost a few drops of fluid when installing. No biggie. Hardest part of installation was my banjo bolt was tightened by a body builder! To loosen it I used a 12mm box end and tapped it several times with my persuader (hammer). It then came loose relatively easily. I kept my old banjo bolt and washers. If I ever get another Goldwing, I will transfer the BB to that bike. I LOVE IT!!!!! One of the benefits is that I can now park the bike on a hill, set the BB, then put the bike in gear as an additional precaution without creating a bind-up condition on the trans. :clapping:

I lost a few drops of fluid when installing. No biggie. Hardest part of installation was my banjo bolt was tightened by a body builder! To loosen it I used a 12mm box end and tapped it several times with my persuader (hammer). It then came loose relatively easily. I kept my old banjo bolt and washers. If I ever get another Goldwing, I will transfer the BB to that bike. I LOVE IT!!!!! One of the benefits is that I can now park the bike on a hill, set the BB, then put the bike in gear as an additional precaution without creating a bind-up condition on the trans. :clapping:

Best little invention for a Goldwing Trike, ever! :laugh:

On a DCT it's a must IMHO.

Glad to hear you like it.....

Under most circumstances, I simply leave my bike in first - and all is well. For the Wing Riders (DCT), I know why you need it.

This might be good for me in the one of two times I need it. Tried to get one - but had difficulty. maybe I will just carry a band to put on my brake.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png