Love Jugs Questions

gfaltersack

50+ Posts
May 23, 2018
forestville wisconsin usa
I recently purchased a 2015 Triglide with 28000 miles and want to keep that engine "cool" to help it last a bit longer. My interest in the Love Jugs approach has me wondering about some issues before I purchase as follows:

1. What is the lifespan of those fans? My wife and I ride many miles interstate every year and the cost tells me they have to last.

2. Does the motor actually lose much cooling with those fans not running meaning do I have to have them on all the time?

3. What kind of noise from those fans will I experience. (We may be the rare examples of folks running stock mufflers)

Any comments from those with experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks greg

I recently purchased a 2015 Triglide with 28000 miles and want to keep that engine "cool" to help it last a bit longer. My interest in the Love Jugs approach has me wondering about some issues before I purchase as follows:

1. What is the lifespan of those fans? My wife and I ride many miles interstate every year and the cost tells me they have to last.

2. Does the motor actually lose much cooling with those fans not running meaning do I have to have them on all the time?

3. What kind of noise from those fans will I experience. (We may be the rare examples of folks running stock mufflers)

Any comments from those with experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks greg

The motors are pretty stout and last a long time, I believe they have a warranty

I ran mine all the time with no ill affects

They are not loud at all, you will not have to worry about noise

I have had the same set of Love Jugs on two Tri Glides in the last 7 years. Only had to replace 1 fan in all that time, They run constantly as long the bike is on and can not be heard over stock exhaust.

I had them on my '15 for 6 years with no problems, When we got our 21 we put on the mighty mites, had 1 fan bite the dust just recently, $30 for a replacement, they have a 1 year warranty. They really don't make much noise at all, once the bike is started you won't know they are on.

love jugs status

I am reading that they closed their doors. Any news on that or did I miss a thread?

Talked with the distributor and also verified with Kevin at DK Customs that the owner passed away 2 years ago. There is no word of any continuation of the company or anyone on the planet thus far who wants to produce that product. It is a pity as the product appears to be a very well built and durable addition to the needs of V-Twin cooling. For me, I guess I'm sh## out of luck.

Talked with the distributor and also verified with Kevin at DK Customs that the owner passed away 2 years ago. There is no word of any continuation of the company or anyone on the planet thus far who wants to produce that product. It is a pity as the product appears to be a very well built and durable addition to the needs of V-Twin cooling. For me, I guess I'm sh## out of luck.

There are other options. Here's one very similar to the love jugs. https://fccems.com/

I don't know anything about them, just found it on duckduck go....

Here is the link to the site. https://love-jugs.com/ It does mention supply issues and the very bottom of the page is a 2023 date. I did send them an email yesterday and just heard back from Adam Halstead. Here is his response: "I can promise you that there are no plans to close our doors. I’m not sure who was putting out these rumors, but you were not the first person I’ve heard it from. I wonder if it’s a competitor trying to sabotage us. We are going strong Despite the supply chain issues and we are currently trying to get caught up on all of our back orders"

I have used the Love Jugs Mighty Mites for 2 years with no serious problems. Really paid off when I was in Brownsville in 115 F heat.

If you have a sudden failure on a fan , check to see if the rubber O ring has jammed the blades. It is a common problem.

Other than that , they are a great add on.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png