Arizona Gathering 2023

TonkaDriver

450+ Posts
Feb 26, 2018
Bagdad, AZ, USA
Sorry for the delay in posting this, but for the last 2 1/2 weeks I have been doing a Drive Belt change, Fork Oil change as well as front and rear brakes. I will be posting a thread soon about that project.

This year we are back in Eastern Arizona and will be camping in the same place as always. Just north of AZ-260 on County Road 1325. Arrival is Thursday 9/28/23. We will be setting up camp by early afternoon. In past years we have gathered in camp on arrival day so everyone is welcome.

Riding days are 9/29 - 10/01. The two long rides are interchangeable depending on weather. Day 2 as always will be a short ride with lunch in camp. Alpine - Big Lake - Sunrise. We can add a stop at Hawley Lake as an option.

Long rides are Morenci - Return and Roosevelt Loop which can be shortened if riders want a shorter day. We will decide which order for these rides on arrival day.

For maps and photos of previous rides they are posted in this forum.

Air B&B and VRBO may be good resources for lodging.

My phone number is 928-713-1085 for any questions. I work a strange schedule so leave a message or text.

Kurt

Gonna miss this one.. Have eye surgeries & other appts, & will just get done in time for MV. Will be to close to get to Az again like we did last year. Will miss ya'll. Have fun. Have not been able to ride or drive for last few months due to these problems. cataracts & glaucoma. Cats to be removed & then stents put in cornea of each eye .One at a time with a break between each eye. Its a real biotch walking by the Tri everyday & not allowed to drive. O well. do a ride for me lol.

Gonna miss this one.. Have eye surgeries & other appts, & will just get done in time for MV. Will be to close to get to Az again like we did last year. Will miss ya'll. Have fun. Have not been able to ride or drive for last few months due to these problems. cataracts & glaucoma. Cats to be removed & then stents put in cornea of each eye .One at a time with a break between each eye. Its a real biotch walking by the Tri everyday & not allowed to drive. O well. do a ride for me lol.

Bill sorry to hear and hope all heals up quickly. Will miss seeing you guys. My trike has been down for a month, so understand seeing but not able to ride.

You will be missed.

Kurt

Kurt

Do you have the ride routes in a file that you could send out or do you have them in a turn by turn on a map that could be programed into a ride mapping program for a gps??

Thanks

Kurt

Do you have the ride routes in a file that you could send out or do you have them in a turn by turn on a map that could be programed into a ride mapping program for a gps??

Thanks

Sorry Ray but I don't have any files for the maps. The computer those were on died a couple years ago.

Kurt

I believe the following are the rides and schedule...Kurt, please correct me if I am wrong.

I have 3 rides mapped out.

Ride One is the Coronado Trail.

2020-06-29.jpg

Ride Two - Alpine/Big Lake

2020-06-29%20%282%29.jpg

Ride Three - Roosevelt Loop

2020-06-29%20%281%29.jpg

Two of the rides are full day trips and can be adjusted on the fly. The one ride I would suggest completing as mapped would be the Coronado Trail as the most spectacular portion is near Morenci and the highway goes through the open pit mine in Morenci.

The Roosevelt Loop ride would be easy to adjust by riding to Globe for lunch and back to camp. Most of these miles move pretty fast as the speed limit is 65 for a good portion of the route.

Kevin

That was the route that I was looking for. I was looking for some of the turn points to try to map it out on a map to put into my Garmin GPS on my bike. Not the Harley GPS.

That was the route that I was looking for. I was looking for some of the turn points to try to map it out on a map to put into my Garmin GPS on my bike. Not the Harley GPS.

In Garmin Base camp, I used starting point of "Eagar" and ending point of "135 Mountain Ave, Morenci, AZ 85540". This is the gas station in Morenci. Not sure how to get you the exported gpx file.

Trying to make it this year.....

Won't know until right before.

We'd trailer out from Kentucky and would be staying with people on CR 1325.

Logistics issues are that a new RV has been ordered and we'll need to market the current truck/camper/tow rig.

Timing will be everything.....

Chuck and Karen

Trying to make it this year.....

Won't know until right before.

We'd trailer out from Kentucky and would be staying with people on CR 1325.

Logistics issues are that a new RV has been ordered and we'll need to market the current truck/camper/tow rig.

Timing will be everything.....

Chuck and Karen

Hope you two can make it again.

Kurt

- - - Updated - - -

Wish, I lived just a "tad close'rrrr......... (coming from Springfield Massachusetts) may be a little too far..............I'd love to join you all...

Ronnie

7/22/23

BUT after see'n all your pictures I'd probable be the only Honda there among you all....

We don't discriminate. All riders are welcome and as a bonus you get a free meal on Day 2.

Kurt

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png