Miles to Empty

Truckdogg4

10+ Posts
Sep 17, 2022
Decatur
I'm fairly new at the trike stuff. I have a 2021 Goldwing. When I fuel up it says 174 miles to empty. Just that sound about average? My last bike I could reset miles to empty when I fueled up. Can you do this on a Goldwing Trlike?

I'm fairly new at the trike stuff. I have a 2021 Goldwing. When I fuel up it says 174 miles to empty. Just that sound about average? My last bike I could reset miles to empty when I fueled up. Can you do this on a Goldwing Trlike?
It's based on a calculation.......the fuel tank capacity and average MPG. It will vary slightly as you ride and the average MPG changes. You can reset your trip meters which will change your average MPG for each readout but the Miles to Empty calculation is not changeable.

Which trike do you have CSC? Roadsmith?

Do you have an auxiliary fuel tank with your trike?

Currently I don't ride a 6th gen, and this might be wrong, but I beleive the intension is to get 230 miles out of a tank. The reason is this. Prior to Honda designing the 4th gen (GL1500), they needed ideas on what needed to change over the 3rd gen (GL1200) Wing. So according the the GW history books, they secreatly sent their lead engineer over from Japan to ride with GW groups to take notes and get ideas. For 2 years he rode with various GW groups. One of the goals became 230 miles per tank. The reason, at least at the time, was because when riding to/from Alaska, there was a stretch of 230 miles between gas stations.

I've heard there is a similar stretch in OR where the next gas station is a long, long way away.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png