my first csc trike in the making

Dec 14, 2012
washington il.
hi guys and gals

a little back ground on my first csc trike.

i had a friend of 35-40 years he past away from covid , his wife wanted me to help sell his 2005 road glide i asked her what she wanted for it she told me ,i took the cash to her. then i thought i will trike it so called a friend that ran a trike shop and the kit was bought/ installed on the road glide..

the twin cam motor is a 107 with ss lower end with 585 cam-will be changing cam i think we will see zipper did head work. now i am installing a custom front end racked trees with 49mm 2'' over tubes, fox springs and 2021 ultra limited lower legs.. think i will use intiminators in this too what do you think??

mike aka ir-magoo

hi guys and gals

a little back ground on my first csc trike.

i had a friend of 35-40 years he past away from covid , his wife wanted me to help sell his 2005 road glide i asked her what she wanted for it she told me ,i took the cash to her. then i thought i will trike it so called a friend that ran a trike shop and the kit was bought/ installed on the road glide..

the twin cam motor is a 107 with ss lower end with 585 cam-will be changing cam i think we will see zipper did head work. now i am installing a custom front end racked trees with 49mm 2'' over tubes, fox springs and 2021 ultra limited lower legs.. think i will use intiminators in this too what do you think??

mike aka ir-magoo

Sorry you lost your dear friends,

The road glide will make a great trike. Did oyu have CSC install a rake - my 2021 has an 11 deg rake. Also, consider the running boards.

Send us some pictures.

thanks for the reply

i just installed triple tree 2-3 days ago 11 degree is what i have on my side car rig so that's what i used on trike.

i have not completed front end upgrade yet-still waiting for negative springs and intiminators . i have road it a few miles with stock 2005 front end with just myself it handled fine but with passenger on it made it much harder to steer. I will post some pic when i can..

irmagoo

front end

hi folks this week i got the front end assembled for keeps. raked trees, 49 mm legs 2" over, fox spring and intiminators. 2"over cowbells

fresh fork oil .. lower legs are 2021 off a ultra limited got the brakes too. done for now.

just a little work on exhaust and i will be rock,n

magoo

reverse problems

hi all

well csc now has electric reverse with a soft start not sure that's what they call it ,,,anyway i have used it 6-8 times and now it engages but reverse motor wont start. the input voltage is 13 volts to magic box the output is 6 volts to starter,, solenoid pulls in but not working 6 volts to starter . i put my starter box on starter stud and ground side to neg. terminal. started engine. put transmission in neutral, push in switch to activate the revere and trike backs up....

so all i come up with is magic box is shot any one have this problem?? just wondering

hi all

well csc now has electric reverse with a soft start not sure that's what they call it ,,,anyway i have used it 6-8 times and now it engages but reverse motor wont start. the input voltage is 13 volts to magic box the output is 6 volts to starter,, solenoid pulls in but not working 6 volts to starter . i put my starter box on starter stud and ground side to neg. terminal. started engine. put transmission in neutral, push in switch to activate the revere and trike backs up....

so all i come up with is magic box is shot any one have this problem?? just wondering

Just a shot in the dark here…. but when I had trouble with the reverse mode on my Triglide , It was always the brushes that gummed up. I would have to pull the motor clean the brushes reset them maybe you have the same problem hopefully this helps.

If you can get to the reverse motor give it a few good raps/taps and if it works normally then it’s the brushes..

hi all

I think the new CSC reverse is great. It starts out slow and then increases with time. This way you are not jerking the bike.

OK, when you put the bike in reverse, make sure noting electrical, like the turn signal or hazard lights are on. If they are, the reverse will not engage.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png