Kendon Trailers

Tony8

60+ Posts
Nov 29, 2017
Avon,Ohio USA
Need to haul my Goldwing Trike from Ohio to South Caroline. The trailer I have now cannot be stored on my property when I get there. (HOA rules). I was looking into Kendon brand trailers that fold up and easily stored in a garage. Anyone own a Kendon trailer and if so, what are the pros and cons you have experienced?

Thank you,

Tony

Kendon

I had a Kendon several years ago and was very happy with it. Hauled 1 & 2 Harley’s on it and never had any issues (once Ca to Sturgis), but never a trike. I recommend the product and customer service was great.I was able to store it in my garage on its end using the attached casters (built in), but be aware its wide and tall (and a little heavy) when doing so.

Pete.

Need to haul my Goldwing Trike from Ohio to South Caroline. The trailer I have now cannot be stored on my property when I get there. (HOA rules). I was looking into Kendon brand trailers that fold up and easily stored in a garage. Anyone own a Kendon trailer and if so, what are the pros and cons you have experienced?

Thank you,

Tony

You might ask google, but their might be more then one brand of those types of m/c trailers that fold up for storage.

Did you try Stinger Trailers? They are foldable and are wide enough to haul a Can-Am Spyder... which is every bit as wide, if not wider than a trike.

Also: Apogee Trailers......... they are in Canada but have U.S. dealers - per their website.

Did you try Stinger Trailers? They are foldable and are wide enough to haul a Can-Am Spyder... which is every bit as wide, if not wider than a trike.

Also: Apogee Trailers......... they are in Canada but have U.S. dealers - per their website.

Thanks for the info. I'll check these out this afternoon when I get home from church.

Thanks

What about buying a utility trailer perhaps large enough to carry some other items and after you unload consign it for sale recoup some or all of the expense.

If you cannot store it because of HOA why not just rent a U-haul and return it when done.

Sounds like he already has a trailer to get him there. Problem is he can't store it once there.

Not prepared to talk about HOAs - but, I had as similar situation. HOA would not allow me to stare the trailer in my driveway, however, since I had a low-profile Chariot trailer, I was able to pull the trailer into my garage. I did the same thing with my 18-foot bass boat.

Given this, see if this might work for you. If it will not fit, perhaps you can post a picture - maybe someone here is looking for a nice trike trailer.

Once sold, ask yourself - how many times you need your trailer. That's what I did. Our daughter moved to California - sold everything they had here and used my trailer to move her clothes, dishes and a few other things. That was 4 years ago, and she still has it. I haven't missed the trailer. If I needed one, I would rent.

Good luck

Went and looked at an Apogee trailer. Won't work. Since the trailer is not specifically made for a motorcycle/trike the ramp is not long enough, it's too steep and the trike would bottom out.

Going to look at a dealer near my house that has Kendon fold up trailers. I talked to a salesman that told me a Kendon trailer will haul a Harley trike with no problem but since Goldwing trikes are longer in length the trailer will sway. He sold to a couple of Goldwing trike owners and they fixed the sway problem by placing sand bags in the front of the trailer to put more weight on the tongue. Both customers said sway problem went away.

Any thoughts?Does sand bags seem like a good fix?

Thanks.

Went and looked at an Apogee trailer. Won't work. Since the trailer is not specifically made for a motorcycle/trike the ramp is not long enough, it's too steep and the trike would bottom out.

Going to look at a dealer near my house that has Kendon fold up trailers. I talked to a salesman that told me a Kendon trailer will haul a Harley trike with no problem but since Goldwing trikes are longer in length the trailer will sway. He sold to a couple of Goldwing trike owners and they fixed the sway problem by placing sand bags in the front of the trailer to put more weight on the tongue. Both customers said sway problem went away.

Any thoughts?Does sand bags seem like a good fix?

Thanks.

It’s a Rube Goldberg fix at best Why add extra weight to the trailer get the right trailer to begin with….

It’s a Rube Goldberg fix at best Why add extra weight to the trailer get the right trailer to begin with….

Not all Harley trikes are TriGlides. Mine for example is a CSC conversion - I believe it is even longer than the Wind.

I might agree - get a trailer that will fit.

Why throw money at something that doesn't work. Agree with the above.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png