L E D's Anybody

Noodles107

250+ Posts
Dec 8, 2022
Myrtle Beach SC USA
So I love my "Vivid Black" 17FW ... We live in Coastal Carolina where there is a remarkable lack of street lights. "The Free" has a headlight, 2 small front turn / riding lamps and 2 small tail lights. I did put Custom Dynamics Pro Beam Strobes in the rear (they flash 7 times when you touch the brakes) they are bright and very functional. That being said ... it's a struggle at the least to see my Black Trike, Black Helmet, standard issue Black Harley Shirt, Black Riding Boots, Black Gloves etc with 2 little red lights going down the unlit roads of SC at night and sometimes it's even a bit scary. Lots of retirees can't even see the other cars and trucks no less a Black Out Bike going down the road ... Thus enter this option (which I came across by accident) no pun intended. Anyone have experience with this? Any input is always appreciated.

IMG_8238.JPG IMG_8241.jpg IMG_8237.jpg IMG_8240.jpg

I’m not familiar with that kit, but accent lighting would be a good move especially since you’ve removed the reflectors. Also, if you have a luggage rack, CD makes a quality kit for a taller additional light.

Check your local laws. New Jersey has regulations about ornate light displays on vehicles. It's considered a distraction to other drivers. Virginia has a similar law where excess lighting is only legal in parades or shows and such. Not routinely on the street.

Check your local laws. New Jersey has regulations about ornate light displays on vehicles. It's considered a distraction to other drivers. Virginia has a similar law where excess lighting is only legal in parades or shows and such. Not routinely on the street.

Gonna check that out JT ... Been here in SC for almost 5 years. Every custom car and especially custom trucks (we have a ton of them) are covered with LED kits. Under Glow kits, Wheel Well kits, Tire Rim kits, even Hood Scoop kits. Our streets are very dark and street lights are very scarce. You can see the LED Pickups coming from a mile away. Just throwing out the concept. Thanks for the input. Looks like SC doesn't care what you do (not surprised) ... I really see them every day everywhere. I like the "Stealth" feature. Until you hit the "ON" switch no one can tell you have lights

Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 3.13.59 PM.png

So I love my "Vivid Black" 17FW ... We live in Coastal Carolina where there is a remarkable lack of street lights. "The Free" has a headlight, 2 small front turn / riding lamps and 2 small tail lights. I did put Custom Dynamics Pro Beam Strobes in the rear (they flash 7 times when you touch the brakes) they are bright and very functional. That being said ... it's a struggle at the least to see my Black Trike, Black Helmet, standard issue Black Harley Shirt, Black Riding Boots, Black Gloves etc with 2 little red lights going down the unlit roads of SC at night and sometimes it's even a bit scary. Lots of retirees can't even see the other cars and trucks no less a Black Out Bike going down the road ... Thus enter this option (which I came across by accident) no pun intended. Anyone have experience with this? Any input is always appreciated.

View attachment 114410 View attachment 114411 View attachment 114412 View attachment 114413

If your going to buy LEDs. Buy from Custom Dynamics, they have lifetime guarantee. Usually a little more expensive but well worth it! Added plus is they are brighter from what I have seen. JMOP

One more thing if you going cheaper, look at Amazon. They have what you described above.

Thanks for the input ... I was watching a clip on YouTube from the bike rally at Sturgis and they were going through "Vendor Row" There was a big "Get LED's Installed" tent and I actually remember one here at Spring Bike Week. Just caught my eye and needed additional research. Looks like you guys are OK in Jersey too :)

Look at XKGlow as well. It looks like the kit you referenced also works with the brake lights and turn signals. I would look at multiple companies and look for ones that work with brake/turn. I've been doing research as well for my Tri since I drive a lot at night for my work commute. Nothing like your entire trike turning red or flashing amber to get attention.

Those LED’s are very popular on the soup can exhaust Honda Civics out this way...Just saying….😁.

I know the "High Performance" import market loves to use the "glow" kits. We don't really have many if any of those style cars here in SC. Coming from Ft Lauderdale, where the streets are filled with Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati, Bentley, Hummer and such, it didn't take very long to see that is not going on here ... We have seriously decked Jeeps, $150K lifted PU Trucks and a ton of bikes Occasionally you see a Corvette a BMW or a Mercedes. The Trucks and Jeeps are the primary "decked" with LED setups. We also have 3 Bike Weeks per year here!! Spring Bike Week is 99% HD and just the cleanest show bikes have the light thing going on. Atlantic Beach Bike Week is 90% Sport Racers and they are by far the most decked out bikes of the year. Stretched Swing-arms, amazing paint jobs and covered in lights. Fall Bike Week (coming soon) is back to all HD. Pushing a button and lighting up the entire Trike is very appealing to me. Pushing the button to turn them off (and you see nothing) is even more appealing. Research project stage ... keep ya posted

So the whole LED research project is an ongoing investigation ... Tryin to get some visibility going without turning my Roadster into a Touring Bike. I already did "This" to my last bike (Ultra Classic) and it was "Style Appropriate" ... Lights bolted on everywhere.

5ada7da2a2606_83546b__39580.jpg

I'm feeling like "This" is a much cooler, more appropriate look for the FW ... IMO

... Thoughts ...

fd7ba7835936447b8521b5067ed68050_1800x.jpeg

Picture 1…The lights on the case protectors brake up the motorcycle looks for oncoming vehicles so they will give you a Wider Berth…. Whereas all those extra colored lights will /can cause a phenomenon known as “Target Fixation” that’s why people run into cop, cars with their lights flashing .And even school buses …

Have you changed the headlight and front turn signals to LED? Makes a big difference.

100-0266.jpg

https://paradiselightsllc.com

I was actually pleasantly surprised to see how many LED guys are here for Bike Week. I have personally talked to at least 6 different vendors but they are all over the place. Just about every place we stopped had an LED guy there. You had to make an appointment if you wanted to have work done and I was a bit surprised not only at how many bikes were waiting but also at how expensive the installs actually are. I expected it to be around 1/2 of what they are actually charging. That being said ... I do have a couple of pricey installs ahead of these lights but at least now I know what I'm really looking at.

fd7ba7835936447b8521b5067ed68050_1800x.jpeg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colorado1975

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colorado1975
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png