Seat Comparison

priell3

550+ Posts
Oct 9, 2018
Wellsboro
New Mustang seat for the Freewheeler next to the stock seat. I'll be putting it on later and will have more comments and a review. Most importantly, what my wife thinks.

IMG-20230912-081530.jpg

Everything setup.

The seat seems comfortable and I'm sure it will get better with use. I had a Mustang seat on my Iron 883 and have one now on my Softail.

I had to raise the back of the gas tank a little to get the seat to fit with the Captain Itch crotch cooler. I might look into improving the passenger backrest and armrest in the future.

IMG-20230913-210710.jpg

Does this Mustang seat sit the rider lower ? What model is this Mustang seat ? I am looking for a seat that does set me lower and a little further back !
I have that seat. Be aware that Mustang makes two versions of that (or did) One is a standard leg version and the other pushes you forward. If you need to go further back than stock this seat my not be for you.I can't tell the height difference from stock. Never put my feet down.

Everything setup.

The seat seems comfortable and I'm sure it will get better with use. I had a Mustang seat on my Iron 883 and have one now on my Softail.

I had to raise the back of the gas tank a little to get the seat to fit with the Captain Itch crotch cooler. I might look into improving the passenger backrest and armrest in the future.

IMG-20230913-210710.jpg

Do you an opinion from the Boss Lady yet?

Do you an opinion from the Boss Lady yet?

She hurt her shoulder. Once that's better she's going to test it.

I rode it yesterday to get inspected and a three hole oil change and it feels good.

IMG20231001111456.jpg

By the way, if you're anywhere near North Central PA, check out https://www.hopkinsperformanceharleys.com

Ralph has over 40 years experience working on nothing but Harleys.

She hurt her shoulder. Once that's better she's going to test it.

I rode it yesterday to get inspected and a three hole oil change and it feels good.

IMG20231001111456.jpg

By the way, if you're anywhere near North Central PA, check out https://www.hopkinsperformanceharleys.com

Ralph has over 40 years experience working on nothing but Harleys.

I’m sorry to hear about your wife. Hoping she will get better soon, so she can enjoy the ride! In the mean time, you better keep riding, just to make sure it’s perfect for her.

When I first got my FW money was tight. I sent my seat out to C&C for reworking. That was a couple years ago. And while I have been happy with it so far I have been thinking of just getting a different seat.

The first thing that catches my eye on your pics is that the Mustang is wider for the backside, which I like. I can switch over my backrest for even more support. Now that will be on my mind for the next few months. :D

New Mustang seat for the Freewheeler next to the stock seat. I'll be putting it on later and will have more comments and a review. Most importantly, what my wife thinks.

IMG-20230912-081530.jpg

I got the same seat for my RG3 and I love it. But there is a slight gap between the tank and the tip of the seat and I have tried pushing it forward as much as I can. I am wondering if others are also getting that gap and if anyone has any idea of how to close the gap? Thanks.

I got the same seat for my RG3 and I love it. But there is a slight gap between the tank and the tip of the seat and I have tried pushing it forward as much as I can. I am wondering if others are also getting that gap and if anyone has any idea of how to close the gap? Thanks.

Common problem changing seat brands, give it time to settle in

It took me a ride home from Sturgis to break in a Mustang seat

IMO a bra is more show and can scuff your paint

I gave my FLRT a coat of ceramic paint sealant, it has held ip better than any wax I have used

Try this and just ride that trike

71b6QSkIizL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png