Passenger Handle Trim

Strelnikov

50+ Posts
Feb 9, 2023
Monticello, IL
My recently acquired FW is missing the "chrome" trim strips from the top of the passenger handles. Dealer says not sold separately from the handles themselves.

Any ideas on what I could do to retrim this area without replacing the handles?

Thanks.

My recently acquired FW is missing the "chrome" trim strips from the top of the passenger handles. Dealer says not sold separately from the handles themselves.

Any ideas on what I could do to retrim this area without replacing the handles?

Thanks.

Automotive chrome trim from AutoZone?

Chrome self stick trim, available @ most Auto stores, I have used this product to trim my Freewheeler, it comes in many widths and lengths

99987958_kdd_s37750_pri_larg.jpg

Thanks, Jack. I alreadyhave pack of that headed my way based on the post about fender trimming, so I'll give it a go.

Good deal, use sharp scissors to make your cuts, wipe down the area to be installed with 50/50 alcohol and water

I chose to use plastic clamps on my installs over night, it worked out better than I expected

Good deal, use sharp scissors to make your cuts, wipe down the area to be installed with 50/50 alcohol and water

I chose to use plastic clamps on my installs over night, it worked out better than I expected

Also, if you have an automotive paint store nearby, see if the have some "adhesion promoter". There are several makers (I know the 3m brand works well). This will make a world of difference in the ability of that trim to stay in place. 3M makes it in little single use pouches with a piece of foam in the pouch soaked in the liquid....Make sure the surface is clean and oil free as has already been said, cut the trim to fit and trial fit with the covering on the adhesive side still in place. Remove the adhesive covering, lightly wipe the foam pad with the adhesion promoter along the exposed adhesive (do NOT put it on the bike), then carefully lay out the trim with very light pressure. If it needs adjusted, you should be able to reposition as long as you do it quickly. When satisfied, press the trim firmly. At this point, your option for repositioning is no longer there.....

YMMV

Lon

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png