audio uprade

May 19, 2023
Guston, Ky. Meade
Was wondering what the best bang for the buck is on an audio upgrade? Have gotten old and just don't hear as good as I used to. Music simply doesn't sound right on the trike. Sounds ok inside a vehicle. 2012 Goldwing 1800 with a CSC kit on it. Got back the end of June from a little trip. 7,236 miles. Thanks for any info.

Was wondering what the best bang for the buck is on an audio upgrade? Have gotten old and just don't hear as good as I used to. Music simply doesn't sound right on the trike. Sounds ok inside a vehicle. 2012 Goldwing 1800 with a CSC kit on it. Got back the end of June from a little trip. 7,236 miles. Thanks for any info.

Maybe it is not the system - rather the music itself.

By this, let me ask - is the music on a flash drive and is it say, MP3? If so, look in the app store for a program names MP3 gain.

Open the drive with the music, apply MP3 gain and increase the volume. In addition, you can set the level for all of your songs - this way, one will not play louder than the rest.

Hope this helps.

Are you listening through the speakers are the headsets, with all the outside noises I have to use the headsets unless I'm sitting still or going slow.

Through the speakers.

Try it through the headsets to see if that makes a difference, and also usb drives are fairly cheep give a different one a try, I have mine saved on my computer just incase something happen to the usb drive it would be a simple down load to a new drive, let us know what you figure out it may help someone else.

Try it through the headsets to see if that makes a difference, and also usb drives are fairly cheep give a different one a try, I have mine saved on my computer just incase something happen to the usb drive it would be a simple down load to a new drive, let us know what you figure out it may help someone else.

Head sets don't sound to good either. Put a bluetooth adapter along with mini amp and sounds better running bluetooth off the phone. Thanks everyone.

One thing I know is that the range of my Silverado speakers is vastly better than the range on my GL1800. And like you, I have found the sound is much better in the Silverado because of this. On both, I use my phone to connect and play either stored MP3 tunes or Pandora. On the trike, I have music playing through Bluetooth using a J&M device. I will use a custom equalizer setting under the phone's sound settings and completely turn down the lowest bass (63hz) as well as the highest treble (16khz). The speakers just can't handle these frequencies well and will affect the sound quality. The GL1800 only does a generic bass level adjustment and treble adjustment. Using an external equalizer like I do in my phone will help eliminate frequencies that the speakers just can't handle and sound quality is better. Not perfect, but greatly improved.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png