Posi-rear or limited slip rear drive

Does the CSC conversion drive both rear wheels or just one? And if it’s just one, which one is it?

Positraction ‘ limited slip ‘ sure grip ‘ are one in the same, and I doubt that any Trike has that but they all have an open rear axle and the power goes to the wheel with the least traction….

That was a lot of info but not sure if it answered my question 😀. Is power sent to both wheels or just one? I thought it was a simple question but my lack of auto mechanics may be in play here…

Ok, bear with me, rhino…are you saying that that the wheel which receives power is the one that currently has the least traction? That would imply that power is is sent to both wheels, although only one at a time. Is that right?

Mike, have you jacked the wheels off the ground and spun them forward ?

See what wheel turns forward, if both do you have a posi rear end, if not one wheel may spin backwards or not at all

Ok, bear with me, rhino…are you saying that that the wheel which receives power is the one that currently has the least traction? That would imply that power is is sent to both wheels, although only one at a time. Is that right?

Yes and no….Power goes to the rear axle…But the differential is made to Slip..And

lets the wheel with the least traction receive the most power spin …That’s called an open differential/axle (The ATC’s trikes had a locked differential with power to both wheels and as such were dangerous and after many rollover accident made illegal) … positraction transfers the traction back-and-forth to each wheel but not permanently ..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png