Changing the Air filter

Kempjd623

10+ Posts
Aug 7, 2023
Fredericksburg, VA, USA
I'm still a few months out from ordering my trike but I'm researching how to take good care of it. I hear the air filter is deep in the inner parts of the trike and you need to take apart most of the front end. I'm good with a wrench but are there any tips or tricks of the trade?

I'm still a few months out from ordering my trike but I'm researching how to take good care of it. I hear the air filter is deep in the inner parts of the trike and you need to take apart most of the front end. I'm good with a wrench but are there any tips or tricks of the trade?

Would be nice know what kind of trike it is. So, you can get the info you seek.

You are a few months from ordering then it will probably take a few more months from the time you order to the time the Trike is finished and then when you get the Trike it could be as much as six months to a year before you even have to worry about changing the filter, so why are you worrying about it now?? don’t load yourself up with too much information before you even receive the Trike..And bye the way what make are ordering a few months from now..??

Sounds like your going with a Goldwing.You say your pretty good with a wrench.With that info the best tip is like working on anything else.Take your time,there are bolts that are similar in several places so mark them somehow whether it be numbers with a marker or pushing them in cardboard.No its not something your gonna want to do every day but its not as bad as all the talk will make you think it is.Watch a Fred Harmon or Cruiseman video about it.

You are a few months from ordering then it will probably take a few more months from the time you order to the time the Trike is finished and then when you get the Trike it could be as much as six months to a year before you even have to worry about changing the filter, so why are you worrying about it now?? don’t load yourself up with too much information before you even receive the Trike..And bye the way what make are ordering a few months from now..??

All good points. I'm looking forward to getting a CSC Honda Goldwing DCT 2023 or 2024

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png