If this has been asked before.... (shocks?)

When I first put the 14 inch pro actions on the bleed was set at 2 clicks in from full open. Handling was greatly improved butI was not super impressed with the ride although it was a definite improvement over stock.

I thought that opening up the bleed would make the ride softer so I tried 1 click and then wide open bleed. Neither setting improved the ride on rough roads. Then I tried closing up the bleed. Went to 3 clicks in and it was a big improvement. My thinking is now I am forcing more fluid through the engineered valving of the shock rather than the bypass.

Anyway that has been my experience. Very pleased with the combination of pro action on the rear and ricor intimidators on the front with stock springs. I chose to keep the stock springs vs getting the progressive springs because the progressives were a stiffer (higher spring rate) and I was not looking for a stiffer ride up front. I did cut down the spacers in the forks by an amount equal to the intiminator thickness.

Very happy with how it turned out.

Jarhead, please see my response to Old Road Dog, above. Dunno what set him off, but it took me by surprise.

Anyhoo, as noted in that post, it took a while, but we got it sorted. Thanks for asking.

And by the by.... I want to add a big thumbs up to DK Customs for customer service. Yes, they made a mistake, and yes, it cost me some extra labor, but they were unfailingly kind and genuinely interested in getting me the biggest bang for my buck. Even after I had accepted that the ride was as good as it was going to get, when I readjusted the shocks to 8 1/2", Dwayne was not satisfied, and kicked me upstairs to Devin for a better solution.

People make mistakes. Good people own up to them and try to correct them. IMO, DK Customs is good people.

Sláinte!

OIP.cGX3Ga1pJMCSjjTY4Wzf_QHaJr

I am catching up on this thread today, Follow D K Customs videos for the best advice, They do all their in shop testing, They will not steer you wrong, Big shout out to Kevin and crew this morning:clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png