saddleman road sofa

2bikes

5+ Posts
Dec 24, 2023
NC
Hey folks, wonder if someone can help out here. Just bought a 23 Harley R3 need an extended seat because the bike is new not to many seat offerings from the big makers - however, I THINK the Saddelman road sofa for the Tri-Glide will fit as the the seats dimensions are virtually the same to my stock seat.

However, it would be a huge mistake to make $600 to find out they don't. Saddelman won't confirm because it's not built for the R3 specifically - but we all know "stuff fits" that's not actually designated to fit -

With that said: was wondering if anyone actually knows ...?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all - 👍

All touring seats will fit a GG3, some seats are not wide enough to cover the entire cut out of the body, you can check with your local HD dealer to see if they have the demo seat program

This will give you an idea of how their seats fit your trike

I have been running a Road King seat on all 3 of my Freewheelers, same platform as your RGR minus the fairing

When I saw a RG3 in the showroom it looked to me like a freewheeler with a Roadglide fairing so it would seem that any seat that fits a FW should fit yours. Hope this helps.

Kurt

Last edited:
Bought and Installed

OK - So I bought the extended road sofa for the Road Glide version and it fits however, there is about an inch on each side where the seat and passenger pillion are connected that shows a little of the underneath into the frame. I will post a pic later have the bike on the lift and can't snap now.

in conclusion: it doesn't bother me however, if you are a perfectionist it will probably bother you - is it noticeable...? I don't think so unless your looking for it.

Other issue if you are planning on ordering - couple of things now is the time because they are looking for work, got the seat in one week from time of order, last time I ordered one it was three weeks.

Other issue is the color the standard black although it's black really is more of a gray black. If you want real Black/Black material you have to order what's called "Partners Black" draw back on that is it's a final order no returns allowed - I will post pics when I have the bike on the ground floor. ��

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png