Be Careful when playing with your Toys!!

Rmitchell55

850+ Posts
Dec 6, 2012
Santee
Here's what happens when you are working on the Sabbath and not resting as God wishes. This happened Christmas Eve and I waited until Tuesday to go to the Emergency Room. Surgery was Tuesday Night. This was a 16 Ga. 2 inch nail.

20231226_111940.jpg20231226_111947.jpg

Oh, My F%CKIN God I feel that ! long time ago I was drilling a hole in a rear 1/4 panel putting in patch panel with a 1/8" bit holding the other side the drill bit went into my finger into the bone and broke off, lucky for me it was sticking out enough that my boss took a pair of vise grips and turn it out backwards. This looks a lot worse; how did they get out? put you hand in a vise & yank on it with a claw hammer. Mine was 45 years ago & every cold day when my fingers get cold, I can feel that thing. Good luck

Had an air stapler go off while I was climbing a ladder years ago. Ended up with a 2.5'' staple in the palm of my left hand, through my leather glove and next to my ring finger bones in the palm.

Told a buddy to come over here and gave him my gerber plier and had him pull it out. The staple was serrated and I could feel each and every one of them hit the bone as he pulled it out. Put some anti-bacteria ointment on it, and went back to work. Hand was a little stiff for a couple days. Still have that staple!

Never did hurt very bad, just lucky it didn't go into my bone.

Ouch, that looks painful

Have you had it removed yet?

I did something similar @ work, I had a piece of stainless steel rod puncture my hand, it went all the way thru, I pulled it out and worked the rest of my shift

The next day my index finger was swollen twice its size, I had a tendon sheath infection

I hope you fair OK from this injury

I had a guy in my crew that had a bad habit of resting the business end of a nail gun on his knee. We always gave him grief about it.

Sure enough, he shot a nail in it and had to take him to the ER.

He asked me to call his wife and I did. Her response when I told her what happened:

"again?!"

Another cause of accidents with the nail guns, Is some people will disarm the safety switch, so it shoots a nail as soon as it makes contact with the shingles. This way they can nail faster..

Had surgery on it Tuesday night. Went from pre-op to the OR and the nurse said do you want him on the operating table, and the surgeon said no this is going to be quick so just bring over that table and we will leave him on the gurney. The Surgeon sliced open the pad on my thumb and with a pair of needle nosed pliers grabbed hold of the head of the nail and gently with a little bit of twisting pulled it out. It is my nail gun. I was putting up some trim work and was having trouble with the gun with nails sticking and sometimes the gun trying to shoot two nails at the same time. It was jammed and I sat down and for some reason I did not disconnect the air hose.

At first I thought the "hammer" got me, but when the bleeding stopped and I saw the small tiny hole I knew that that had to be a nail and when I could not bend my thumb the nail went through the bone in the first two joints of the thumb.

Had surgery on it Tuesday night. Went from pre-op to the OR and the nurse said do you want him on the operating table, and the surgeon said no this is going to be quick so just bring over that table and we will leave him on the gurney. The Surgeon sliced open the pad on my thumb and with a pair of needle nosed pliers grabbed hold of the head of the nail and gently with a little bit of twisting pulled it out. It is my nail gun. I was putting up some trim work and was having trouble with the gun with nails sticking and sometimes the gun trying to shoot two nails at the same time. It was jammed and I sat down and for some reason I did not disconnect the air hose.

At first I thought the "hammer" got me, but when the bleeding stopped and I saw the small tiny hole I knew that that had to be a nail and when I could not bend my thumb the nail went through the bone in the first two joints of the thumb.

The nails are wax coated/lubricated… about 15 years ago we were redoing the shingles on the Camp roof and we had three nail guns going and then one of my buddies decide to take over and that was a gun with the/trigger safety switch tied back,And he put right in the meaty part of his thigh, but luckily it was sticking out a little bit. I just grabbedc it with my fingers and pulled it straight out little Neosporin, and a Band-Aid and he was good to go …

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png