Adjusting the CSC park brake

Aussie Triker

That’s great information Mr. A Triker. When I take my trike back to CSC this spring to readjust the brake, I’m going to bring this info up to them.

No worries at all. I have since put light springs onto the two bolts that secure the pads to keep them apart from the disc. A very tricky job to find two srings that will suit and can be helpful if you have a friend to help you. They now don't touch as a chalk test proved. I will however put the Billet brake on as well as it is way too easy to release that park brake.

If the park brake was operated on the rear calipers CSC could develop a park brake similar to the Kia Sorento which is electric and lets go when put into reverse or drive. ( just a thought, maybe too expensive to charge owners).

Aussie Triker

We have DCT models which are automatics. Therefore, you cannot leave it in gear. It automatically defaults to neutral when you cut the bike off. That’s why we are concerned about the parking brake issue.

Australian Triker

Hi Iron Horse,

Since my last typing I have purchased the bullett handbrake and fitted it to my 2022 Trike. This is a good piece of works very easy to fit and apply. Attached is a 2 photos, one engaged in the in position and the other with disengaged. This, system gives a rock solid brake as a main source or, in addition to the current handbrake. It is so well hidden that no one would know it was there unless you pointed it out to them.

The business has a video of how to put it on and operate it.

20240206_171913.jpg20240206_172028.jpg

This is mine fitted today.

Good luck,

Australian Triker

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Iron Horse,

Since my last typing I have purchased the bullett handbrake and fitted it to my 2022 Trike. This is a good piece of works very easy to fit and apply. Attached are 2 photos, one engaged in the in position and the other with disengaged. This, system gives a rock solid brake as a main source or, in addition to the current handbrake. It is so well hidden that no one would know it was there unless you pointed it out to them.

20240206_171913.jpg20240206_172028.jpg

Good luck,

Australian Triker

Hi Iron Horse,

Since my last typing I have purchased the bullett handbrake and fitted it to my 2022 Trike. This is a good piece of works very easy to fit and apply. Attached is a 2 photos, one engaged in the in position and the other with disengaged. This, system gives a rock solid brake as a main source or, in addition to the current handbrake. It is so well hidden that no one would know it was there unless you pointed it out to them.

View attachment 116839View attachment 116840

Good luck,

Australian Triker

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Iron Horse,

Since my last typing I have purchased the bullett handbrake and fitted it to my 2022 Trike. This is a good piece of works very easy to fit and apply. Attached are 2 photos, one engaged in the in position and the other with disengaged. This, system gives a rock solid brake as a main source or, in addition to the current handbrake. It is so well hidden that no one would know it was there unless you pointed it out to them.

View attachment 116839View attachment 116840

Good luck,

Australian Triker

Good product and a wise choice

Thanks for the info and pictures. I have watched a video and it looks very simple to install. I will be taking my trip to CSC this spring for another adjustment. If it doesn’t last long, I will seriously consider putting on this bullet brake.

My CSC didn't have a parking brake. I added a Bullet Brake and liked it a lot. Simple, very effective, and only takes a couple minutes to install. And, no future adjustments needed...... ever! Even if I did have a parking brake, I think I would add the Bullet. No way can you ride off with it engaged..... Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png