dont taste same

May 13, 2018
princeton wv usa
my father would give me and my brothers a small cup of beer ,when we would go camping .that was 50 years ago. It seemed to have different taste. i asked my brothers and they agreed,was it the beer or just us.

Nothing tastes the same as when we were ''Yutes'' Our taste buds change with age......And also the manufactures are cutting back on some ingredients..:mad:...

Of course there were beers back then that no longer exist. I myself don't like beer, but with a little practice you can get used to it. I never did. Whiskey,gin, rum yes but no beer.

My Beer Is Rheingold The Dry Beer.... 'Think Of Rheingold Whenever You Buy Beer...' Its Not bitter or Sweet'....Its the Extra Dry Treat......:pepper:

I opened up a can of Libby's Corned Beef Hash, it had no aroma and tasteless. I remember years ago it tasted like food. I'm not sure what is in the can even though they say its beef. :AGGHH:

Give me a can of good ole OPB beer.................... I can drink that all day ~n~ night........... (****That's Other/Peoples/Beer****)

Actually I love a Coor's Light... (I'm a cheap date) lol

Ronnie

1/10/24

I've Always Been A PBR Drinker. " Pabst Blue Ribbon " They Have Been Brewing Since 1844. Over 180 Years. Must Be Doing It Right And Sales Are Good.......ThumbUp

Also when the companies go woke and change their labeling removing mascots.. It also gives them an opportunity to take out some ingredients to lower there cost of the product…. land O Lakes is the prime example they took the Indian maiden out the color of the butter changed, and the taste and texture changed.. and don’t get me started with Twinkies..

I can even say the Spam (edible, not the BS you find on the computer) doesn't taste the same. To be honest I believe they're messing with the food. Twinkies are nasty and they don't taste the same either. :bad:

If I prepare my own meals it taste like food and not tasteless processed crap. I still say that the food is being messed with. :mad:

Megamarts are thriving on pre made heat n eat stuff …. However SALT is not friendly. Today’s working mom n dad does not like or want to cook . $$$$

They always get a bit salt happy when they roasted chicken in the store. That's what slow cookers are for, just place the water and ingredients in and set it on low and in 8 hours the food is cooked. I have a small 2qt slow cooker and that's how I make my chicken soup. :pepper:

They always get a bit salt happy when they roasted chicken in the store. That's what slow cookers are for, just place the water and ingredients in and set it on low and in 8 hours the food is cooked. I have a small 2qt slow cooker and that's how I make my chicken soup. :pepper:

They use extra salt for a preservative so as to keep food under the heat lamps longer and also to hide the rancid taste of dirty cooking oil....

Growing up I used to drink Alpine beer in New Brunswick Canada. I’ve been gone from NB for close to 40 years now, i went the last time and tried an Alpine and ugh! It was bad. Lol

COVID 19 has also changed my taste. I quit liking Bourbon, switched to Crown Royal.

I too also used a slow cooker, (when I was working) I prepare the cooker in the morning, and when I got home, my meal was ready for me to eat.. and this way I also had left overs, so my next days meal was already made......... life is good!!

Ronnie

1/22/24

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png