DNA trike conversion

Hi I am new to posting on forums,any way I have purchased a complete DNA package, to be installed on 2002 Softail Custom. Instructions that came with the package were for FLH. The swingarm was correct, for a Softail, fitment was good. The FLH instructions inform you to change the belt to a longer belt, I believe. When trying to fit the frame for the fibreglass tub, nothing lines up! Has anyone run into this, or done a Twincam Softail conversion? The fibreglass tub fits their frame,but their frame isnt lining up with HD frame. Thanks :AGGHH:G SGRIG

Hi I am new to posting on forums,any way I have purchased a complete DNA package, to be installed on 2002 Softail Custom. Instructions that came with the package were for FLH. The swingarm was correct, for a Softail, fitment was good. The FLH instructions inform you to change the belt to a longer belt, I believe. When trying to fit the frame for the fibreglass tub, nothing lines up! Has anyone run into this, or done a Twincam Softail conversion? The fibreglass tub fits their frame,but their frame isnt lining up with HD frame. Thanks :AGGHH:G SGRIG

George ..........Welcome....ThumbUp......Hopefully someone with knowledge of a DNA Package will chime in with some info ......

Hi George, Welcome to Trike Talk and your first post

Do you have the correct kit for a Softail and not one for a FLH?

The swing arm is different for sure

Hi George, Welcome to Trike Talk and your first post

Do you have the correct kit for a Softail and not one for a FLH?

The swing arm is different for sure

(

Hi yes I have the swingarm mounted, all that lined up. I am having trouble with tub and tub frame. I have talked to DNA tech, with no success. I think maybe they sent a rubbermount tub frame, or I have to install a shorter belt to bring the axle forward. They told me the tub frame is the same for both applications, dont see how that can be but.

Tanks for the help! George Shrig

Perhaps maybe some pictures of your dilemma might help.

I'm no expert on this trike stuff (although, I do wrench) however, I'm doing a lot of research on it for a future trike build and am contemplating a DNA kit for an FLH.

But I have notice in my research that DNA can send a wrong part for a kit however, in the same sense I read they do fix the issue when they know they did send a wrong part.

Not saying the wrong part is the case here but I agree with you a Softail versus FLH are 2 different beasts.

I would keep hounding these guys till they get it right. Maybe take a picture of you tub frame and/or the tub frame on the bike.

Good luck I'll be curious how this turns out for you and how customer service helps you out.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png