6 yrs. old Voyager trike kit and never installed

joearizona620

5+ Posts
Dec 23, 2023
Hidden Valley, AZ
Just got a call from a freind of mine, he has a voyager trike kit that he bought 6 yrs. ago and never installed it, it was the old one with shocks on the rear, after he got it he put it away becouse he said it would make him look to old. so it has been sitting in his garage since then, he said he would sell it to me for $1000.00. Is that a good deal. or should I pass and order a new model later on this year. Any thoughts?

Just got a call from a freind of mine, he has a voyager trike kit that he bought 6 yrs. ago and never installed it, it was the old one with shocks on the rear, after he got it he put it away becouse he said it would make him look to old. so it has been sitting in his garage since then, he said he would sell it to me for $1000.00. Is that a good deal. or should I pass and order a new model later on this year. Any thoughts?

Joe, I am not a Voyager dealer, I was for a while years ago, but I do know that their trike kits have changed virtually zero in the last 6 years, so yes $1000 is a good price IF it is as new and more importantly, if it is the correct model for your bike.

Not close but THE exact model for your year, make and model bike. Because if it isnt, just the correct belly plate and mounting hardware alone to make it fit your bike will cost you in the $500 range from Voyager.

**Also, each model they make does fit a range of years, so there is obviously not a different kit for every year. If the guy has the Voyager kit model number and owner/install manual, it should specify fitment. If there is any question though, I'd give Voyager a call to confirm.

The price is good and the old style kits with the shocks were the best ones made, I had the double shock model on a 1993 GL1500. What is the kit designed for and what will you be installing it on?

I went over to check out the voyager set up again and here is what I found. The frame was definitely a B style frame with shocks, with old style forks, BUT! the belly pan (it took a long time to find the type code, as it was covered up with paint, But the code was B1V.) so I determined that it was for a 2000-2008 Harley dresser. I have no Idea what the V was for. I guess I will turn the offer down and just save a few more bucks up and order a new one in the future. as my Harley needs a B21 type belly pan and they couldn't find any of the hardware.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png