Gerald signing in.

Gerald MAC

5+ Posts
Jan 30, 2024
New Zealand
Hi there folks. Gerald from New Zealand has joined this forum.

I’m retired now and picked up a 2017 F3 Ltd about 18 months ago.

Got my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] bike in 1972. A wreck in a shed that was a BSA Bantam.

I was supervised by a couple of old retired blokes that guided me through a strip to the frame, repaint and rebuild process. They did nothing cept showing me what and how to do it. That I guess, started me on my Motorcycle Journey.

50 yrs. or so later and a bunch of bikes I’m down to the F3 and a DR650 after a clean out. I enjoy doing my own maintenance where I can, no surprise there I guess.

Here is a couple of snaps. My new to me F3 on the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] day of ownership.

Parapara - Valley of a thousand hills.

Whangamomona.

20220312_080523.jpg 20220812_105409.jpg 20230507_115532.jpg 20230507_123800.jpg

Cheers

Gerald Mac.

Welcome That looks like some good riding out there, Nice looking Trike, Looks like you got a lot of accessories on it.

Thank you all for the welcome.

My new to me F3 3rd hand came to me with ultra low distance traveled.

accessories? Yes but functional more than farkles I guess.

Had "the missing belt guard" already fitted.

I have added a 3rd peg, F4 tallest available and winglets, a bar riser block,

bar end mirrors, an adjustable brake rod, a high stop light, non directional Kumho tyres

sway bar and links, magic mirror, a voltmeter, plug n play PedalBox.

Not long after getting it home I gave it a works burger service including the HCM filter.

All fluids Yadi ya..

Got to know these Spyders, and ponder some things along the way. Learned that a Krikit was.

I bought the F3 to replace a GL1800 that I owned for over a decade. It was time.

Gerald welcome to Triketalk. I started my journey somewhat the same way. 1956 AJS piece of junk that I had to resurrect but without the benefit of the advice you got. It was a mess but here I am nearly 60 years later and umtydozen bikes later on a Spyder RTL 2012 You have a beautiful country to ride in.D3WR Sheep statues.jpg

Cheers.

A common theme here in NZ with the Spyders is the age of the riders.

I learnt to ride the Bantam in the Orchard I used to work in sometimes after school and in the weekends.

Thats where I spied it in a shed. The owner said yes you can have it and work it off. But then he supplied all the paint and bits as well. Then of course I got to know the local Traffic Cop. He was OK and gave advice on getting licensed and a legal ride with a number plate. No tickets.

Some more snaps for ya. My Hill and Mount Ruapehu. Bout 2 hrs away. Active Volcano. Has Ski fields up there. I have been up to the summit 4 times in the summer. Round the mountain tracks with huts lower down, near the snowline.

View attachment 116750 View attachment 116752 View attachment 116754

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png