Dressing Your Tire Sidewalls

Noodles107

250+ Posts
Dec 8, 2022
Myrtle Beach SC USA
Anybody cleaning & dressing your tire sidewalls? If so are you using something like this? The cleaner is either waterless or can be used with water and the dressing is non silicon, water based with no slimy slippery dirt holding qualities that most (car tire) dressings share. Any input is always appreciated. Thanks

... Chemical Guys SPI_993_16 Nonsense Colorless & Odorless All Surface Super Cleaner

... Chemical Guys TVD_107_16 VRP Vinyl, Rubber and Plastic Non-Greasy Dry-to-the-Touch Long Lasting Super Shine Dressing for Tires

Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 11.49.14 AM.jpegScreen Shot 2024-02-07 at 11.49.51 AM.jpeg

Anybody cleaning & dressing your tire sidewalls? If so are you using something like this? The cleaner is either waterless or can be used with water and the dressing is non silicon, water based with no slimy slippery dirt holding qualities that most (car tire) dressings share. Any input is always appreciated. Thanks

... Chemical Guys SPI_993_16 Nonsense Colorless & Odorless All Surface Super Cleaner

... Chemical Guys TVD_107_16 VRP Vinyl, Rubber and Plastic Non-Greasy Dry-to-the-Touch Long Lasting Super Shine Dressing for Tires

View attachment 116848View attachment 116849

You know Jeff I've been wondering about doing that. I'm really glad you brought it up and provided samples. Plan on looking into that stuff and trying it out. Wonder how it would work on keeping the break dust off of the rims?

How about Simple Green

Simple Green All Wheel & Tire Cleaner is an excellent choice for cleaning automotive wheels and tires. Here’s why:

1. Effective Cleaning: It cuts through and removes caked-on brake dust, grease, dirt, and road tar from chrome, aluminum, mag wheels, and tires[COLOR=var(--cib-color-foreground-accent-primary)]1[/COLOR].
  2. Biodegradable and Safe: Unlike harsh chemicals, Simple Green is biodegradable and free of dangerous or caustic fumes. It won’t harm your tires or the protective coating[COLOR=var(--cib-color-foreground-accent-primary)]1[/COLOR].
  3. Easy to Use: Follow these steps for optimal results:

Remember, regular tire cleaning is essential for preventative maintenance. Simple Green makes the process easy, effective, and safe for both you and your tires!

I use ArmorAll Tire shine, this can be purchased at any auto parts store.... After a good wash job, I just spray this stuff on my tires and it shines them right up...Sweeeeeet!!! I love a good clean machine.... My TRIKE will not ever see the road unless she's washed ~n~ wax....It brings pride, to myself with a clean bike..... :scooter::hooray:

Ronnie

2/8/24

First step: Get the brake dust trapped in the rubber when you stupidly used a silicone based protectant on your tires like ArmorAll Shit( a favorite of hood monkeys). Scrub the rubber with simple green or purple power. Flush. Scrub again.Flush.Let dry. 2nd Step: Apply 303 Aerospace to the tires and let dry. Ride.

First step: Get the brake dust trapped in the rubber when you stupidly used a silicone based protectant on your tires like ArmorAll Shit( a favorite of hood monkeys). Scrub the rubber with simple green or purple power. Flush. Scrub again.Flush.Let dry. 2nd Step: Apply 303 Aerospace to the tires and let dry. Ride.

Dawg......you're so hard. :cxtv:

Dan The Man, take care of the trike and the trike will take care of you. ;)

This made me think of we were at swap meet at Stafford speedway A few years back some guy had a crotch Rocket he was trying to sell at a Harley swap meet he's next to a H A booth smoking weed drinking a few bears Allday long he's waxing this thing he does his tire with some of that tire shine shit mid afternoon he starts it up revving the shit out of puts it in gear pops the clutch that thing spun around he's underneath it plastic pieces all on the ground everybody laughing at him. He still had Shinny tires. I take care of my trike IM not a Car, Bike show person, but I do my own Maintenance.

This made me think of we were at swap meet at Stafford speedway A few years back some guy had a crotch Rocket he was trying to sell at a Harley swap meet he's next to a H A booth smoking weed drinking a few bears Allday long he's waxing this thing he does his tire with some of that tire shine shit mid afternoon he starts it up revving the shit out of puts it in gear pops the clutch that thing spun around he's underneath it plastic pieces all on the ground everybody laughing at him. He still had Shinny tires. I take care of my trike IM not a Car, Bike show person, but I do my own Maintenance.

Gotta respect thatThumbUp

I go every year to the swap meet in Stafford, Conn.

I have buddy that his property line is next to the race track...

(he cut a hole in the fence/so he sneaks in, and watches every race FREE)

I too take very good care of my TRIKE, wash ~N~ wax it week'lee

Oil and filter changes more than required... and maintain it constantly, I love a good running motorcycle!

Ronnie

2/9/24

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Platino

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Platino
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png