150 Most Recent Posts

Thread AuthorPostersPost AuthorForumThread/Post Link
Donnimac3MickHonda TrikesLehman Monarch II
Gernerwa9trike ladyNew Member Introduct...New Member from Bellingham, WA
myhonda3Rmitchell55Harley Tri GlideKuryakyn filler pad
Gernerwa9GorillaNew Member Introduct...New Member from Bellingham, WA
Yannick24GorillaVW Powered TrikesWil-Mac trike kit
woody13Marc HMaggie Valley Gather...Maggie Valley 2024
Donnimac3GorillaHonda TrikesLehman Monarch II
Gernerwa9rhino 2New Member Introduct...New Member from Bellingham, WA
Gernerwa9Marc HNew Member Introduct...New Member from Bellingham, WA
Gernerwa9Uncle FesterNew Member Introduct...New Member from Bellingham, WA
MDO100ZammyHarley Freewheeler /...What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler...
Gernerwa9ZammyNew Member Introduct...New Member from Bellingham, WA
AriNV12Phu CatNew Member Introduct...New to trike
New Orleans Kevin2New Orleans KevinHarley Tri Glide2021 114 Triglide Stage 2 Feuling 4...
Jjhooker22DeathBySnuSnuVW Powered TrikesSide shifter assembly for 1980 WilM...
Rodnok12ol' schoolNew Member Introduct...Hello Honda Trike owners!
AriNV12ol' schoolNew Member Introduct...New to trike
TFNC11ol' schoolNew Member Introduct...Just saying hello
AriNV12hardwickbvNew Member Introduct...New to trike
whiskeyneat10ol' schoolNew Member Introduct...Howdy"
Gernerwa9hardwickbvNew Member Introduct...New Member from Bellingham, WA
Gernerwa9ol' schoolNew Member Introduct...New Member from Bellingham, WA
scaldedchevy2MickLehman Trike2004 Gold Wing Lehman Monarch 2 Sho...
Jjhooker22Jjhooker2VW Powered TrikesSide shifter assembly for 1980 WilM...
Jack Klarich2TomyJTires, Wheels, Brake...Motorcycle Tire Reference
New Orleans Kevin2JTJerseyHarley Tri Glide2021 114 Triglide Stage 2 Feuling 4...
Jjhooker22DeathBySnuSnuVW Powered TrikesSide shifter assembly for 1980 WilM...
Gernerwa9GernerwaNew Member Introduct...New Member from Bellingham, WA
New Orleans Kevin2New Orleans KevinHarley Tri Glide2021 114 Triglide Stage 2 Feuling 4...
scaldedchevy2scaldedchevyLehman Trike2004 Gold Wing Lehman Monarch 2 Sho...
scaldedchevy2scaldedchevyLehman Trike2004 Gold Wing Lehman Monarch 2 Sho...
scaldedchevy2MickLehman Trike2004 Gold Wing Lehman Monarch 2 Sho...
ken g8OLBLUHarley Tri Glidereverse not working
Jjhooker22Jjhooker2VW Powered TrikesSide shifter assembly for 1980 WilM...
Yannick24Jjhooker2VW Powered TrikesWil-Mac trike kit
Yannick24Jjhooker2VW Powered TrikesWil-Mac trike kit
myhonda3SeaweedHarley Tri GlideKuryakyn filler pad
Donnimac3DonnimacHonda TrikesLehman Monarch II
ken g8rhino 2Harley Tri Glidereverse not working
BigN692GorillaEnabled TrikersFull length floorboards
woody13Marc HMaggie Valley Gather...Maggie Valley 2024
14TG514TGHarley Tri GlideInstalled Genuine HD Armrest kit
14TG514TGHarley Tri GlideInstalled Genuine HD Armrest kit
14TG514TGHarley Tri GlideInstalled Genuine HD Armrest kit
B SMITH9rhino 2Harley Tri GlideTrailering Tri Glide
B SMITH9CasperHarley Tri GlideTrailering Tri Glide
Seaweed6DCR2013Harley Tri GlideLower Fairing Vents
myhonda3myhondaHarley Tri GlideKuryakyn filler pad
14TG5SeaweedHarley Tri GlideInstalled Genuine HD Armrest kit
Seaweed6SeaweedHarley Tri GlideLower Fairing Vents
14TG5TrampasHarley Tri GlideInstalled Genuine HD Armrest kit
scaldedchevy2scaldedchevyLehman Trike2004 Gold Wing Lehman Monarch 2 Sho...
14TG5Papa ZookHarley Tri GlideInstalled Genuine HD Armrest kit
14TG514TGHarley Tri GlideInstalled Genuine HD Armrest kit
BigN692BigN69Enabled TrikersFull length floorboards
TomyJ7TomyJSidecar ForumHackHer
Sully11cScjhbBBQ, Grilling, Cooki...One Has To Go ???
MDO1001dn5upHarley Freewheeler /...What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler...
Seaweed6DK Custom ProductsHarley Tri GlideLower Fairing Vents
14TG5New Orleans KevinHarley Tri GlideInstalled Genuine HD Armrest kit
MDO100Noodles107Harley Freewheeler /...What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler...
msocko354SullyBBQ, Grilling, Cooki...A Little Outdoor Cooking
Papa Zook1451dn5upThe Gun EnthusiastGun Owners
woody13Smitty901Maggie Valley Gather...Maggie Valley 2024
14TG514TGHarley Tri GlideInstalled Genuine HD Armrest kit
Wingrider554BurnerboyRoadsmith Trikes
...
Speed Bleeders
woody13Motorcycle MikeMaggie Valley Gather...Maggie Valley 2024
Papa Zook145ZammyThe Gun EnthusiastGun Owners
woody13jjvwMaggie Valley Gather...Maggie Valley 2024
Seaweed6David792Harley Tri GlideLower Fairing Vents
Seaweed6SeaweedHarley Tri GlideLower Fairing Vents
Sunman7SunmanHarley Freewheeler /...Value of 2015 Freewheeler
Seaweed6SeaweedHarley Tri GlideLower Fairing Vents
Seaweed6OLBLUHarley Tri GlideLower Fairing Vents
Seaweed6SeaweedHarley Tri GlideLower Fairing Vents
AriNV2AriNVOther Rallies & ...Any Nevada trikers' association
woody13PosseRiderMaggie Valley Gather...Maggie Valley 2024
AriNV2evermillOther Rallies & ...Any Nevada trikers' association
AriNV12AriNVNew Member Introduct...New to trike
Papa Zook96SullyBBQ, Grilling, Cooki...Whats for supper?
AriNV121dn5upNew Member Introduct...New to trike
AriNV12SullyNew Member Introduct...New to trike
Burnerboy4BurnerboyRoadsmith Trikes
...
Too Pa Pa Zook
Burnerboy4BurnerboyRoadsmith Trikes
...
Too Pa Pa Zook
Grandpot9Jack KlarichHonda TrikesFront tire?
DK Custom Products3621dn5upHarley Tri GlideWhat did you do to Your Tri-Glide T...
Sully11woodyBBQ, Grilling, Cooki...One Has To Go ???
DK Custom Products362Jack KlarichHarley Tri GlideWhat did you do to Your Tri-Glide T...
AriNV4AriNVCan Am Spyder Trike...I'm a total newbie ... Is the Spyde...
AriNV12AriNVNew Member Introduct...New to trike
Sully11Ol' Man JebBBQ, Grilling, Cooki...One Has To Go ???
ken g8Old Road DogHarley Tri Glidereverse not working
DK Custom Products3621dn5upHarley Tri GlideWhat did you do to Your Tri-Glide T...
AriNV12trike ladyNew Member Introduct...New to trike
AriNV12GorillaNew Member Introduct...New to trike
AriNV4GorillaCan Am Spyder Trike...I'm a total newbie ... Is the Spyde...
Grandpot9Papa ZookHonda TrikesFront tire?
Grandpot9tourmanHonda TrikesFront tire?
AriNV12Marc HNew Member Introduct...New to trike
Burnerboy4pawsRoadsmith Trikes
...
Too Pa Pa Zook
AriNV12Uncle FesterNew Member Introduct...New to trike
Jack Klarich2Jack KlarichGeneral DiscussionMY first guitar
Jack Klarich2ZammyGeneral DiscussionMY first guitar
Burnerboy4Papa ZookRoadsmith Trikes
...
Too Pa Pa Zook
Hdsteal4Jack KlarichSuzuki - Kawasaki Tr...Completed MS Trike Pics
Seaweed6David792Harley Tri GlideLower Fairing Vents
Seaweed6Jack KlarichHarley Tri GlideLower Fairing Vents
Noodles1078Jack KlarichHarley Freewheeler /...Very Nice Gloves
Noodles1078Jack KlarichHarley Freewheeler /...Very Nice Gloves
Noodles1078Papa ZookHarley Freewheeler /...Very Nice Gloves
Noodles1078LadyonaMissionHarley Freewheeler /...Very Nice Gloves
Seaweed6SeaweedHarley Tri GlideLower Fairing Vents
Hdsteal4oldschoolSuzuki - Kawasaki Tr...Completed MS Trike Pics
oldschool6oldschoolHarley Trike Convers...Any Completed DNA Trike Kit Owners?
Jack Klarich1Jack KlarichGeneral Harley ChatDiagnostic Trouble Codes for Harley...
AriNV4AriNVCan Am Spyder Trike...I'm a total newbie ... Is the Spyde...
AriNV4Jack KlarichCan Am Spyder Trike...I'm a total newbie ... Is the Spyde...
AriNV2AriNVOther Rallies & ...Any Nevada trikers' association
AriNV12AriNVNew Member Introduct...New to trike
AriNV12rhino 2New Member Introduct...New to trike
AriNV4rhino 2Can Am Spyder Trike...I'm a total newbie ... Is the Spyde...
AriNV4AriNVCan Am Spyder Trike...I'm a total newbie ... Is the Spyde...
AriNV12AriNVNew Member Introduct...New to trike
Sully11Jack KlarichBBQ, Grilling, Cooki...One Has To Go ???
Jack Klarich1Jack KlarichGeneral DiscussionRode 75 miles first thing today
AriNV12Jack KlarichNew Member Introduct...New to trike
rocket1lf2Jack KlarichStallion TrikesEverything Went To Heck
rocket1lf2rocket1lfStallion TrikesEverything Went To Heck
Sully11PosseRiderBBQ, Grilling, Cooki...One Has To Go ???
Sully11GorillaBBQ, Grilling, Cooki...One Has To Go ???
oldschool6GorillaHarley Trike Convers...Any Completed DNA Trike Kit Owners?
AriNV12AriNVNew Member Introduct...New to trike
ken g8GorillaHarley Tri Glidereverse not working
TFNC11GorillaNew Member Introduct...Just saying hello
whiskeyneat10GorillaNew Member Introduct...Howdy"
DK Custom Products362Jack KlarichHarley Tri GlideWhat did you do to Your Tri-Glide T...
Sully11WarpedBBQ, Grilling, Cooki...One Has To Go ???
Notgrownup5Jack KlarichHarley Tri GlideOrdered a Power vision 3 and a Fuel...
Burnerboy4Jack KlarichRoadsmith Trikes
...
Too Pa Pa Zook
Notgrownup5ROAD DOGHarley Tri GlideOrdered a Power vision 3 and a Fuel...
oldschool6BurnerboyHarley Trike Convers...Any Completed DNA Trike Kit Owners?
DK Custom Products3621dn5upHarley Tri GlideWhat did you do to Your Tri-Glide T...
Burnerboy4BurnerboyRoadsmith Trikes
...
Too Pa Pa Zook
DK Custom Products362New Orleans KevinHarley Tri GlideWhat did you do to Your Tri-Glide T...
woody13Marc HMaggie Valley Gather...Maggie Valley 2024
DK Custom Products362520fdHarley Tri GlideWhat did you do to Your Tri-Glide T...
stancotreau3Marc HLehman TrikeLehman Storm rear brake pads
woody13Rmitchell55Maggie Valley Gather...Maggie Valley 2024
Bear22012SullyNew Member Introduct...New member
Bear22012Marc HNew Member Introduct...New member
Likes Likes:  26
Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: 2014 Tri Glide DK Customs Oil Filter Relocation Kit

  1. #1
    70+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Location
    New Castle, PA, USA
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default 2014 Tri Glide DK Customs Oil Filter Relocation Kit

    I’m looking at the DK Customs “Cool-n-Clean” (CnC) Oil filter relocation kit for my 2014 Tri Glide.

    Although it is more noticeable and many may not like it, personally I like the idea & the looks are fine to me. (Again personal preferences… and I really like the convenience of oil changes and the slight benefit of lower oil temp too).

    Hopefully Kevin will chime in…. But in the mean time I do have a few questions:

    - Does anyone have this kit and not like it? (Any “cons” since having it on your trike)?

    - The one pic (which I’ll attach) from the website shows stainless braided lines and shows “hard lines” and fittings right to the oil filter adapter. Is this how the stainless braided lines come in the kit?

    - Is it better to just run the black rubber oil lines to the brass elbows shown in other pics on the website?

    - I have the DK Customs Passenger peg relocation kit on the trike… is this compatible?

    - Will the stainless braided lines outlast the non braided black rubber lines?

    - Last question: I have the Trike “Mid Step” on my trike. Any issues with compatibility of the mid step? (I just see a routing adjustment, but would like to verify).

    Thanks in advance,

    - Brett

    Name:  IMG_6782.jpeg
Views: 45
Size:  137.1 KBName:  IMG_6783.jpeg
Views: 42
Size:  179.1 KB

  2. #2
    1500+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    Mykneesbehurtin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,599
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I have this kit and it is the only way to go on a Harley trike. No more mess when changing the oil, I am running the braided lines. This is just for any chaffing issues.

  3. #3
    70+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Location
    New Castle, PA, USA
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mykneesbehurtin View Post
    I have this kit and it is the only way to go on a Harley trike. No more mess when changing the oil, I am running the braided lines. This is just for any chaffing issues.
    Nice to hear! Is it the stainless braided lines?

    do they have hard direct connectors to the adapter? Or are you using hose clamps?

  4. #4
    Sponsor
    TrikeTalk Sponsor
    DK Custom Products's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Red Banks, MS
    Posts
    9,129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 14TG View Post
    I’m looking at the DK Customs “Cool-n-Clean” (CnC) Oil filter relocation kit for my 2014 Tri Glide.

    Although it is more noticeable and many may not like it, personally I like the idea & the looks are fine to me. (Again personal preferences… and I really like the convenience of oil changes and the slight benefit of lower oil temp too).

    Hopefully Kevin will chime in…. But in the mean time I do have a few questions:

    - Does anyone have this kit and not like it? (Any “cons” since having it on your trike)?

    - The one pic (which I’ll attach) from the website shows stainless braided lines and shows “hard lines” and fittings right to the oil filter adapter. Is this how the stainless braided lines come in the kit?

    - Is it better to just run the black rubber oil lines to the brass elbows shown in other pics on the website?

    - I have the DK Customs Passenger peg relocation kit on the trike… is this compatible?

    - Will the stainless braided lines outlast the non braided black rubber lines?

    - Last question: I have the Trike “Mid Step” on my trike. Any issues with compatibility of the mid step? (I just see a routing adjustment, but would like to verify).

    Thanks in advance,

    - Brett

    Name:  IMG_6782.jpeg
Views: 45
Size:  137.1 KBName:  IMG_6783.jpeg
Views: 42
Size:  179.1 KB
    Hi Brett,

    The only "downside" that I have ever heard mentioned (and 98% of the time it is from someone that does not have one) is they are concerned about the oil lines getting damaged and leaking. This is no more an issue with this than with OEM oil coolers. We do recommend inspecting the lines at every oil change for any damage or wear marks.

    Oh, the other concern that folks have mentioned is they wonder if it will affect oil pressure. It does not.

    The "hard lines" do not come with the kit. Some folks get the lines and fittings from a place like Summit Racing and use them. It is not necessary, but it is a nicer look in some folks eyes, and it also alleviates concerns of damage to the lines. It is also rather expensive, and since it is not necessary for effective or safe functioning, we do not offer them as an option. But it is certainly something that can be done.

    Stainless has a nice look, but anything it touches will get scratched....so if you want that look, just be aware that routing of the lines must be done carefully to avoid scratching.

    The stainless braid and the black fiber braid will last longer than the rubber hose inside the braid...so, with that in mind, the stainless will not outlast the black fiber braid.

    The hose, depending on use and weather, should last 5-10 years before the rubber starts getting some age and should be changed out, similar to tires.

    The brass fittings are now nickel plated, not brass colored anymore.

    I've run the plain rubber, black braided and Stainless braided on various bikes. I will not run the stainless braided on my bikes...to easy to scratch something. My last plain rubber hoses lasted somewhere around 45K miles and around 8 years before I started seeing just a tiny bit of fatigue in the hoses and so I changed it out.

    The kit is compatible with that Adjustable Passenger Footpegs and the Mid-step. I have both of those on mine, as pictured in the video below.

    Always feel free to email or call us with any questions. Contact info below.

    Thank you for looking at our parts. I believe you will be well pleased with this kit.

    www.DKCustom.com
    Call: 662-252-8828 Text: 662-420-4891
    Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com


  5. #5
    70+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Location
    New Castle, PA, USA
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DK Custom Products View Post
    Hi Brett,

    The only "downside" that I have ever heard mentioned (and 98% of the time it is from someone that does not have one) is they are concerned about the oil lines getting damaged and leaking. This is no more an issue with this than with OEM oil coolers. We do recommend inspecting the lines at every oil change for any damage or wear marks.

    Oh, the other concern that folks have mentioned is they wonder if it will affect oil pressure. It does not.

    The "hard lines" do not come with the kit. Some folks get the lines and fittings from a place like Summit Racing and use them. It is not necessary, but it is a nicer look in some folks eyes, and it also alleviates concerns of damage to the lines. It is also rather expensive, and since it is not necessary for effective or safe functioning, we do not offer them as an option. But it is certainly something that can be done.

    Stainless has a nice look, but anything it touches will get scratched....so if you want that look, just be aware that routing of the lines must be done carefully to avoid scratching.

    The stainless braid and the black fiber braid will last longer than the rubber hose inside the braid...so, with that in mind, the stainless will not outlast the black fiber braid.

    The hose, depending on use and weather, should last 5-10 years before the rubber starts getting some age and should be changed out, similar to tires.

    The brass fittings are now nickel plated, not brass colored anymore.

    I've run the plain rubber, black braided and Stainless braided on various bikes. I will not run the stainless braided on my bikes...to easy to scratch something. My last plain rubber hoses lasted somewhere around 45K miles and around 8 years before I started seeing just a tiny bit of fatigue in the hoses and so I changed it out.

    The kit is compatible with that Adjustable Passenger Footpegs and the Mid-step. I have both of those on mine, as pictured in the video below.

    Always feel free to email or call us with any questions. Contact info below.

    Thank you for looking at our parts. I believe you will be well pleased with this kit.

    Hi Kevin,

    Thank you for answering all the questions I had, I appreciate it.

    I’ll personally stay with just the black basic rubber oil lines. (I do like the idea of the “hard fitted” ends, but can always invest in a custom set later on).

    So far, I have purchased the Tour Pack relocation kit, both the Rider & passenger floorboard relocation kit & the External breather kit… and not to sound like an”fan boy”, but DK Customs does make some very nice products.

    Again, thanks for answering my questions and I will be definitely getting a relocation kit in the very near future.

    Thanks!

    - Brett

  6. DKCustoms postbit
  7. #6
    70+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Location
    New Castle, PA, USA
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DK Custom Products View Post
    Hi Brett,

    …………………

    Always feel free to email or call us with any questions. Contact info below.

    Thank you for looking at our parts. I believe you will be well pleased with this kit.

    Hi Kevin,

    Just ordered the CnC kit.

    (order number: 100095615)

    Thanks Again!

    - Brett


  8. #7
    650+ Posts Notgrownup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Snow Hill NC USA
    Posts
    677
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    The products and service I have received from DK Custom has been stellar.

  9. #8
    350+ Posts Rogue1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Ramseur NC USA
    Posts
    393
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I run this kit with the black rubber lines. Excellent product and have received many compliments on the looks.

  10. #9
    Sponsor
    TrikeTalk Sponsor
    DK Custom Products's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Red Banks, MS
    Posts
    9,129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 14TG View Post
    Hi Kevin,

    Thank you for answering all the questions I had, I appreciate it.

    I’ll personally stay with just the black basic rubber oil lines. (I do like the idea of the “hard fitted” ends, but can always invest in a custom set later on).

    So far, I have purchased the Tour Pack relocation kit, both the Rider & passenger floorboard relocation kit & the External breather kit… and not to sound like an”fan boy”, but DK Customs does make some very nice products.

    Again, thanks for answering my questions and I will be definitely getting a relocation kit in the very near future.

    Thanks!

    - Brett
    Thank you for the kind words, and we appreciate your business.

    Great to hear you are enjoying the benefit of those parts.

    I believe you will be well pleased with the oil filter relo.

    Kevin
    www.DKCustom.com
    Call: 662-252-8828 Text: 662-420-4891
    Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com


  11. #10
    Sponsor
    TrikeTalk Sponsor
    DK Custom Products's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Red Banks, MS
    Posts
    9,129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Notgrownup View Post
    The products and service I have received from DK Custom has been stellar.
    Thank you for the good words.

    Kevin
    www.DKCustom.com
    Call: 662-252-8828 Text: 662-420-4891
    Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com


  12. #11
    Sponsor
    TrikeTalk Sponsor
    DK Custom Products's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Red Banks, MS
    Posts
    9,129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue1 View Post
    I run this kit with the black rubber lines. Excellent product and have received many compliments on the looks.
    Thank you! Glad you are enjoying!

    Kevin
    www.DKCustom.com
    Call: 662-252-8828 Text: 662-420-4891
    Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com


  13. #12
    70+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Location
    New Castle, PA, USA
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DK Custom Products View Post
    Thank you for the kind words, and we appreciate your business.

    Great to hear you are enjoying the benefit of those parts.

    I believe you will be well pleased with the oil filter relo.

    Kevin
    Hi Kevin,

    I just received it today.

    I was going to wait until later in the year, but since it’s all apart now (parts are in paint) and I’m upgrading other parts too… now was the time to get it and install it.

    It’s now added to the “to do” list this weekend.

    Thank you!

    Name:  IMG_6929.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  1.03 MBName:  IMG_6930.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  1.03 MB

  14. #13
    70+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Location
    New Castle, PA, USA
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    I know DK customs has a video or two on the oil filter relocation kit (and also an oil cooler) but since I just received my kit, I decided to also do an install video as well, and add it to my YouTube channel.

    Since there are not too many videos on our trikes on accessories, modifications and technical tips, it surely won’t hurt with another one! Lol!

    This video is showing the kit that I recently received and I did some splices of videos over the course of a couple days since I had other projects going on.

    (Sorry for some repetitive words or info in the video… I didn’t feel like editing any of it out as it should be helpful to anyone interested or on the fence to get this kit).

    This is really a very nice kit and highly recommend it! (Some have mentioned that they do not like the look of it being there… personally, I don’t mind the look whatsoever and the added benefits and oil change convenience is a plus)!

    Note: Many members on here are also members on the HD Forum, but some are not….So I will copy/paste this post on there too. Hope the info helps!!!

    Here’s the video “Linky”:

    https://youtu.be/jPLc-tzU6Yg?si=ptR1YKRzFQH3ZEqG

    DK Customs…. Thanks again for a great product!!

    - Brett

  15. #14
    1250+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    ultrafxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Lakeland, TN
    Posts
    1,447
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 14TG View Post
    I know DK customs has a video or two on the oil filter relocation kit (and also an oil cooler) but since I just received my kit, I decided to also do an install video as well, and add it to my YouTube channel.

    Since there are not too many videos on our trikes on accessories, modifications and technical tips, it surely won’t hurt with another one! Lol!

    This video is showing the kit that I recently received and I did some splices of videos over the course of a couple days since I had other projects going on.

    (Sorry for some repetitive words or info in the video… I didn’t feel like editing any of it out as it should be helpful to anyone interested or on the fence to get this kit).

    This is really a very nice kit and highly recommend it! (Some have mentioned that they do not like the look of it being there… personally, I don’t mind the look whatsoever and the added benefits and oil change convenience is a plus)!

    Note: Many members on here are also members on the HD Forum, but some are not….So I will copy/paste this post on there too. Hope the info helps!!!

    Here’s the video “Linky”:

    https://youtu.be/jPLc-tzU6Yg?si=ptR1YKRzFQH3ZEqG

    DK Customs…. Thanks again for a great product!!

    - Brett
    Saw your install video today. Good job!

  16. #15
    70+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Location
    New Castle, PA, USA
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ultrafxr View Post
    Saw your install video today. Good job!
    Thank you!

    - Brett

  17. DKCustoms postbit
  18. #16
    Sponsor
    TrikeTalk Sponsor
    DK Custom Products's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Red Banks, MS
    Posts
    9,129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 14TG View Post
    I know DK customs has a video or two on the oil filter relocation kit (and also an oil cooler) but since I just received my kit, I decided to also do an install video as well, and add it to my YouTube channel.

    Since there are not too many videos on our trikes on accessories, modifications and technical tips, it surely won’t hurt with another one! Lol!

    This video is showing the kit that I recently received and I did some splices of videos over the course of a couple days since I had other projects going on.

    (Sorry for some repetitive words or info in the video… I didn’t feel like editing any of it out as it should be helpful to anyone interested or on the fence to get this kit).

    This is really a very nice kit and highly recommend it! (Some have mentioned that they do not like the look of it being there… personally, I don’t mind the look whatsoever and the added benefits and oil change convenience is a plus)!

    Note: Many members on here are also members on the HD Forum, but some are not….So I will copy/paste this post on there too. Hope the info helps!!!

    Here’s the video “Linky”:

    https://youtu.be/jPLc-tzU6Yg?si=ptR1YKRzFQH3ZEqG

    DK Customs…. Thanks again for a great product!!

    - Brett
    Brett, great video!

    We have linked it in a couple of our Youtube playlists.

    We appreciate your business, AND the video.

    I believe you are going to be very pleased with this upgrade.

    Here's your video displayed in this post.



    Kevin
    www.DKCustom.com
    Call: 662-252-8828 Text: 662-420-4891
    Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com


  19. #17
    100+ Posts Longbeard71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Talbott tn usa
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Would those hard lines not restrict the flow. Most that I have looked at the holes in the fitting is smaller than the hose size. Any thoughts on that.

  20. #18
    70+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Location
    New Castle, PA, USA
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Longbeard71 View Post
    Would those hard lines not restrict the flow. Most that I have looked at the holes in the fitting is smaller than the hose size. Any thoughts on that.
    The oil lines are not small diameter hard lines. In fact, they are flexible rubber hoses (made for oil usage), and is 3/8” I.D. in size. There will not be any issues with “flow restrictions” at all.

    As long as they are connected properly, your oil “flow” and pressure will not be effected.

  21. #19
    100+ Posts Longbeard71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Talbott tn usa
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 14TG View Post
    The oil lines are not small diameter hard lines. In fact, they are flexible rubber hoses (made for oil usage), and is 3/8” I.D. in size. There will not be any issues with “flow restrictions” at all.

    As long as they are connected properly, your oil “flow” and pressure will not be effected.
    I was not talking about the hose size. The actual fitting itself the ones I have used the opening in it is smaller than the hose being used. I would rather use those hoses over the rubber and clamps.

  22. #20
    70+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Location
    New Castle, PA, USA
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Longbeard71 View Post
    I was not talking about the hose size. The actual fitting itself the ones I have used the opening in it is smaller than the hose being used. I would rather use those hoses over the rubber and clamps.
    Any fitting is going to fit “inside” the hose and will be naturally “smaller” in order to fit.

    with that said… it’s totally fine and again oil pressure and oil flow is not a concern.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-26-2021, 03:21 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-25-2020, 02:51 PM
  3. DK Customs Clean and Cool Oil Filter Relocation and Cooler Add.
    By FuzzyWuzHe in forum Harley Tri Glide
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-04-2020, 09:04 AM
  4. Oil Filter Relocation & Dual-Cool Oil Cooler
    By DK Custom Products in forum Harley Trike Conversions
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-28-2017, 02:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •