I GOT HACKED

Phone or computer? That's why I own a flip phone and run Linux, if you run Windows it's bound to happen. Now comes the task of changing passwords and contacting your credit card companies and your bank. :mad:

Good to hear all is good now. Sure wish there was a 100% way to be safe from crooks. I was hacked a few years ago and have had attempted hacks a couple times since. When a hack is detected a technician at the Geek squad told me to immediately shut down the computer. Then restart after 10-15 minutes. So far, that's been working. It's a royal PITA to have to deal with threats from computer crooks all the time. But, I guess that's the world we live in now.

That's why I use Linux, too many versions and no one wants to pick on it like they do Windows. I also use Proton mail for emails that do not concern nosy info gathers for everything else there's Yahoo. Break Windows and join the Linux crowd and be left alone. I pay $20.00 a month for phone service as its a phone, no data and text. Then the govment adds taxes & fees so its a bit more. Its a phone it rings and you answer it and place calls to others. Then there is a computer for everything else. I have a total of 4 laptops and the newest one will be used for banking & online shopping. This new laptop is running the latest version of Linux.

We bank @ Wells Fargo about 1/2 mile from our home

I was off work one day when they called me and asked if my wife was home, very odd, she was at work

They said she was in the bank 1 hour ago and ordered new checks, I said no she did not

I dropped what I was doing and rode to the bank, they showed me the recording of inside the bank, I said that is not my wife

They froze my account for 24 hours, next day all was good

We bank @ Wells Fargo about 1/2 mile from our home

I was off work one day when they called me and asked if my wife was home, very odd, she was at work

They said she was in the bank 1 hour ago and ordered new checks, I said no she did not

I dropped what I was doing and rode to the bank, they showed me the recording of inside the bank, I said that is not my wife

They froze my account for 24 hours, next day all was good

So happy you got outta that unscathed. Makes me sick that people out there are taking advantage of other people. No tolerance whatsoever. I know the good book says to forgive but that is so hard to do. But darn glad you're okay Jack. And thank goodness the bank was on the ball.

I got a letter from Social Security several years ago wanting to confirm the change for direct deposit of my bank account. I hadn't requested any changes! I followed the instructions and immediately went to my local SS office. I was very surprised at how helpful and responsive they were. I was told they always send out a letter of confirmation BEFORE redirecting deposits to prevent hacking problems like I was experiencing. They put an alert on my account that required me to make any changes in person. Nobody got any of my money but it still makes me feel violated knowing they had my information.....

Attempt again

Well...... It happened to me again today! I clicked on an innocent looking link and all hell broke loose. Bells, whistles, and sirens going off and my computer locked up. I now know to just hit the power button when that happens. Don't even try to log off or anything. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then power back up. It does take some time to get everything back up.....maybe 10 minutes. But the bad guys are gone, everything normal, and no ransom paid...... Jim

Well...... It happened to me again today! I clicked on an innocent looking link and all hell broke loose. Bells, whistles, and sirens going off and my computer locked up. I now know to just hit the power button when that happens. Don't even try to log off or anything. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then power back up. It does take some time to get everything back up.....maybe 10 minutes. But the bad guys are gone, everything normal, and no ransom paid...... Jim

Same here…. I just shut down my laptop…. And then all is back to normal…..👍..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png