2024 ride plans

Smitty901

400+ Posts
Mar 10, 2018
Lowell, WI, US
2023 was a great year to ride. 3 plan rides for 2024.

Mid May two weeks Eastern TN.

End of July 1st of August ST George UT. Solo trips wife has decided not to go on this one. Road Glide gathering Shark week 14.

Mid Sept Patti's run. This year we will met at Kentucky Dam. Seems every 5 years we change the met point.

There will be more but these are already booked .

Feb and no snow on the ground and above freezing. Has happened but not often.

Sounds like some great plans. Where is the Kentucky Dam? Grand Rivers?

We head to Lake George near the end of May. WI for the birthday bast on June 28th

Maybe we will run across you.

https://kentuckystateparks.reservea...groundDetails.do?contractCode=KY&parkId=91909

This ride is one that we have done for ten years. We meet the mission is all have a meal at Patti's 1880 settlement.

We meet up for a week come and go as you please. We ride. The last 5 years we stayed at Clarksville TN.

Three Road Trips planned for this summer:

1. Myrtle Beach Spring Bike Week

2. Laconia Bike Week

3. NJ to Key West in August

I want to get a ride in to Palm Coast FL also. Spend a week messing around there.

With wife not going to ST George I have been thinking of doing the 1800 mile there in one day of a 1,000 and second day of 800 miles. Getting older time will come that will be a can not do any more. If it has not already arrived.

Years ago I did Milwaukee WI to Miami FL 1,500 miles straight through and have done many 900 to 1,000 days in the past.

Now with wife along she will only put up with 500-700.

I want to get a ride in to Palm Coast FL also. Spend a week messing around there.

With wife not going to ST George I have been thinking of doing the 1800 mile there in one day of a 1,000 and second day of 800 miles. Getting older time will come that will be a can not do any more. If it has not already arrived.

Years ago I did Milwaukee WI to Miami FL 1,500 miles straight through and have done many 900 to 1,000 days in the past.

Now with wife along she will only put up with 500-700.

Years ago, we use to take those long rides. Up early, on the road ad nearly missed everything.

I finally realized I did that because my time was limited and a I had to get back. Now that I am retired, my days ride is usually 400- miles or so. The trip to Lake George is 575 miles - yep, stopping along the way overnight.

Years ago, we use to take those long rides. Up early, on the road ad nearly missed everything.

I finally realized I did that because my time was limited and a I had to get back. Now that I am retired, my days ride is usually 400- miles or so. The trip to Lake George is 575 miles - yep, stopping along the way overnight.

Years ago we stopped doing long loops for a ride. Chasing motels just was no fun anymore. Once we get to the area we want to ride. Check in download stuff we don't need move in for a week or two . Get up each day and ride. If we get up and decide not to ride we do something else.

53 years of legal on the road riding does change you. But there are times I just want to ride all day and half the night. It is not as easy as it once was.

8 years into being retired. Made up my mind the second time I retired I would not go for a third.

Our yearly ride to TN is one we look forward to. Never any plan to it other than get there and back. I will never get tired of riding to Gatlinburg TN area.

Going into winter made up mind to get some work done on the bikes this winter.

Took sidecar off The RGL and locked it up.

Pull front wheel for new tire That is done and back on.

Checked over front end all good.

Pulled rear wheel yesterday , new tire time. All the brake pads had life left in them . Decided to just replace them all while I have the time.

Run into town this week and get new pads.

Sidecar tire looks like new should last a while.

Update radio system software and dealer location software. Updated wireless head set software.

Looks like spring is coming early this year.

Time is closing in on many of us. Ride while we still can. Two long term friends I have rode with for years turned over the bike keys last year.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png