I hate these questions, but I’m gonna do it anyway

Considering a RG3, who offers a nice true dual exhaust system?

I see why you hate these kind of questions. They're pretty personal as in what are you looking to get out of it? More sound? More performance? Do you want to avoid paying for a dyno tune and upsetting Harley's warranty? Do you want Harley parts or aftermarket? Don't you hate answers like this? :(

Considering a RG3, who offers a nice true dual exhaust system?

By "system" do you mean replacing headers all the way to the mufflers?

I only added mufflers on my freewheeler. They are the model that Cobra made just for freewheelers. I like the tone and the loudness is not so much as to be fatiguing on a long ride.

Thanks for the reply,

I see why you hate these kind of questions. There s much pretty personal as in what are you looking to get out of it? More sound? More performance? Do you want to avoid paying for a dyno tune and upsetting Harley's warranty? Do you want Harley parts or aftermarket? Don't you hate answers like this? :(

As much as I would want to say all of the above, I been around long enough to know that is not possible. I don’t like the look of the stock mufflers from the rear, look like they belong on a lawnmower.

Sound, a little louder, and not having to tune, and appearance probably my hot buttons.

thanks

RJ

By "system" do you mean replacing headers all the way to the mufflers?

I only added mufflers on my freewheeler. They are the model that Cobra made just for freewheelers. I like the tone and the loudness is not so much as to be fatiguing on a long ride.

Thanks, I’ll check into those, slip-ones are a plus if they sound good and look good.

Cobra 909's

Simply a photo of my FLRT with Cobra 909 slip-ons. Sounds great, but merely my own opinion. Per info from DK Customs, the M8 114 needs no addtional tuner when adding slip-ons &/or improved A/C. Just do your research....and enjoy your new Free.

Time Machine.jpg

V&H Twin Slash Slip Ons

I went with the Vance & Hines Twin Slash slip ons. I think they look great on the FW, sound great without being obnoxious loud. I also run the DK Custom Outlaw 606 AC and Transformer EBS on my 2017 M8 without a “tune” and it has never run better. Outstanding

IMG_8171.jpg

My only question here:

On a long trip, doesn't "LOUD" pipes give you headache??? I like my bike as quiet as possible!! {much more relax'n than a constant loud exhaust}

Ronnie

3/11/24

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png