2014-2018 Rear Brake pads replacement and E-brake Adjustment

14TG

80+ Posts
Dec 24, 2023
New Castle, PA, USA
Last night I had a chance to replace the rear brakes and re-adjust the emergency brake cable. I looked on line and YouTube and did not see any videos pertaining to these years bikes as they changed the E-brake system on the 2014-2018.

So I decided that since I finally got a service manual (and trike supplement) that to help anyone else with the steps and the videos help with visuals.

it is quite simple.

First, You “UN”-adjustment the E-brake cable (loosen it), do your brake pads (also clean & lube the pins), do the other side, then re-adjust the E-brake cable.

Here’s a video link:

https://youtu.be/fKy6ONKj1cs?si=R38FW4mSaWCltIe0

again, I hope it helps with anyone as it is not hard and no need to pay the dealer for something that you can do yourself and save some money. Plus wrenching on your own helps one get more familiar with their Trike.

(I will copy this thread over on the HD forums as I always do)

- Brett

Didn't t watch the video. Make sure to check the air gap on the brake sensor.

I’m not sure what sensor you are referring to. I do not have any sensors….

I do not have ABS on mine… maybe that is what you are referring too on ABS equipped models?

This video pertains to non-ABS equipped trikes. (2014-2018)

Now if you are referring to the “Parking Brake Sensor”, this E- Brake adjustment does not effect it.

IMG_7527.jpeg

- Brett

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png