Tri Glide Panniers Template

scuzzi

10+ Posts
Mar 2, 2024
australia
IMG_2384.jpgIMG_2383.jpg

has anyone got a copy of the template for these anywhere, preferably digital.

Got them fitted by dealer yesterday, rang again today and was told that is how they go, harley supplies a template and that's how they fit.

I saw another (old) thread on this topic but all of the images were photobucket and url 404'd.

I figure I'll have to remount them, redrill and start again.

Thanks.

Sort of difficult to get a good read on your picture.

Here is a shot as to how those saddlebags should look.

3cJaFuT.jpg

As noted, there is a right and left bag and right and left templates. Your dealer got them switched. I went with DuraLock mounting tape which is much stronger than velcro and works great for these bags. It’s so strong that my wife has accidentally stood on the bags mounting and dismounting. They don’t move. You might consider remounting them with it instead of drilling more holes.

As noted, there is a right and left bag and right and left templates. Your dealer got them switched. I went with DuraLock mounting tape which is much stronger than velcro and works great for these bags. It’s so strong that my wife has accidentally stood on the bags mounting and dismounting. They don’t move. You might consider remounting them with it instead of drilling more holes.

yep, had a fiddle with them again and swapped sides, marginally better but I think you guyz are right that the dealer got the templates switched. bit of a bummer that there aren't part numbers on the bags themselves to be sure which is right and left.

the pic on the blue trike is the harley site pic and shows the point to the top to the outside

Ive ordered some dual lock tape and will have a crack at it, because as mentioned, I'm also not too keen on drilling more holes.

View attachment 117250View attachment 117251

Got them fitted by dealer yesterday, rang again today and was told that is how they go, harley supplies a template and that's how they fit.

I saw another (old) thread on this topic but all of the images were photobucket and url 404'd.

Thanks.
Ya gotta be frigging kidding me. Are you serious or playing a joke? YOUR DEALER IS AN ENEMA NOZZLE. Call HD Customer Care and send them this picture. That dealer should have thire franchise pulled.

Dealer mounted mine that crooked and I had a fit. They drilled extra holes and got them straight.

I really had a melt down then. They replaced the entire body. I mounted the bags myself then. A friend had his done at another dealership and while not as crooked as mine they were off. He got dealer to replace body as well. They remounted bags straight. I tried the Velcro Mount system and wasn’t happy with that either. I made my own template based off of the Harley template. The entire process was disappointing. Definitely not engineered right by Harley. Bags cost way too much. All that said they are very handy for extra storage while traveling.

I would want a new body, to patch up the holes you have to disassemble the trike body patch the holes repaint the body. your looking at $2000.00 or more . Why would you want the xtra holes in there because of another Harley Certified technition Moron !

Had my dealership install a set on my new 24 TG with 10 miles on it. Crooked as a dogs leg, even service manager came out and said “ that’s not right” replaced my trunk body…told them to keep the saddlebags.

i installed a set on mt 2017, looked and measured several times, got them on straight…thought this time I’d leave it to the professionals, what was I thinking…

they are handy as heck and I may put a set on later

View attachment 117250View attachment 117251

Thanks.

Dealer did not line the templet up correctly. Very poor job

Will the dealer make it right? Have you spoken to them about this. Sad part about this is they would have to replace the whole rear part of the trunk body…or pay a reputable body shop to fix the holes. That’s very sad workmanship by a factory dealer but they probably will deny any wrongdoing. I would definitely escalate it.

Did you use the 3M brand dual lock? Which number / strength?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png