Enclosed Trailer Size

I just hauled my '19 Tri-Glide from Amarillo, Tx to Richland, Wa in an enclosed 6 x 12 uHaul and it was roomy:) Pulled great behind my '23 Honda Ridgeline:) It should be a great combination. Only issue with the uHaul was it didn't have a ramp. Definitely get one with a ramp :pepper:

Definitely a 7' wide and 14' in length. You will be surprised what you may want to haul with it.

Also make darn sure you get a V front. Those flat nosed fronts are like a parachute in the wind, especially when you are pulling it with a low horsepowered vehicle. Get aluminum if you can also.

If there is a chance you might get a SxS in the future, get one that is 1' higher than normal.

A ramp door is a must.

Definitely a 7' wide and 14' in length. You will be surprised what you may want to haul with it.

Also make darn sure you get a V front. Those flat nosed fronts are like a parachute in the wind, especially when you are pulling it with a low horsepowered vehicle. Get aluminum if you can also.

If there is a chance you might get a SxS in the future, get one that is 1' higher than normal.

A ramp door is a must.

7' wide and 14' in length. You will be glad U U DID

I'm another one from the 7x14 foot camp.

I pull mine with a Ford Expedition Timberline. The stock mirrors allow me to see down each side of the trailer. When shopping for a trailer I would suggest backing up to your selection and making sure the mirrors on whatever you will be pulling it with works. I towed an 8' wide RV with this same vehicle and had to use clamp-on mirror extensions, which are not great to have to deal with.

Other considerations could be moveability. If you get a 7x12 single axle it is possible to shove it around by hand (empty). A 7x14 with dual axles weighs above 2,000 pounds and is pretty difficult to man handle, even empty.

The problem with single axles is they can sway a lot and especially in side winds, or if your load isn't loaded correctly.

Tandem axles with brakes.

We have had trailers since I was a child, as I was born and raised on a ranch.

Have had all kinds of trailers and many of them.

Shop around and good luck!

You will not sorry for 7 X 14 V nose. I barrowed 6 X 12 a few times before finding the trailer that fit my needs plus the brand I thought was very important. There are lots of choices to choose from. I went with the Homesteader and been very happy with it. These guys are right when it comes down to axles, two is the way to go. Much better ride quality....

We use a 7 x 12 V-nose for our Tri, there's plenty of room on the sides and front.

asset.php

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png