Future Subaru trike owner!?!

May 13, 2011
ZigZag, OR. USA
I currently have no trike, but have been heavy into modifying and off-roading Subarus for some time. After searching online, I didn't find much in the way of Soob-powered trikes, except for a few with Kennedy adapters to VW transaxles. I'd like to explore the idea of a mid-engine one, utilizing the Soob transaxle as well. I hope that this intro is not too technical, and ask that replies are not either........I'll start a build thread for all that. I look forward to the vast knowledge, and conversations here!

~Eric

Welcome Eric! We'll look forward to your thread and the discussions as you build. Take a look at the information on Caveman's builds here. If you go to his profile, he's got an album on the lower right side of his profile page with a few pictures :).

Eric I look forward for the build. I am a Sub enthusist but never worked on any in that capacity. I would love a sub bug and trike!!!!! Please keep us posted on your progress.

I currently have no trike, but have been heavy into modifying and off-roading Subarus for some time. After searching online, I didn't find much in the way of Soob-powered trikes, except for a few with Kennedy adapters to VW transaxles. I'd like to explore the idea of a mid-engine one, utilizing the Soob transaxle as well. I hope that this intro is not too technical, and ask that replies are not either........I'll start a build thread for all that. I look forward to the vast knowledge, and conversations here!

~Eric

welcome aboard. glad you joined us. Good luck you are heading down a less traveled road. Looking forward to your updates.

I have been a motor head for most of my life and have raced and rode almost any kind of M.C. but I cant rap my head around using a Saab or a Sub or a Soob the latter two I have never heard of, or are you referring to a sub frame of some sorts???? Using a Saab would be interesting...Maybe you are using an abbreviation for Subaru is that correct ???? In any case good luck with your build and Welcome to the sight....Boy for a motor head Ill bet I sound like a dork asking these questions !!!

I have been a motor head for most of my life and have raced and rode almost any kind of M.C. but I cant rap my head around using a Saab or a Sub or a Soob the latter two I have never heard of, or are you referring to a sub frame of some sorts???? Using a Saab would be interesting...Maybe you are using an abbreviation for Subaru is that correct ???? In any case good luck with your build and Welcome to the sight....Boy for a motor head Ill bet I sound like a dork asking these questions !!!

Yeah, Soob or Subie are just abbreviations for Subaru. I've been amazed at the large variety of engines used in the trikes on this site........V8's even!!!

I'm hoping the Soob drivetrain will become the next most popular for use in trikes, as the VW parts get more rare and expensive. The engines are commonly used in experimental aircraft, because of reliability, and the power to weight ratio.........makes sense to me that those same attributes would be desirable in a trike!

Rode a Boss Hoss 355 CID trike down in Daytona this year now that is something that can scare the sh---t out of you very fast.... It was completely off the hook, what a rush and to top it off they make them with 502 CID can't even imagine what that would be like..... Most of the 2 wheelers have powerglide trans but the trikes have 3 speed auto's in them I figured a turbo 350... but what a rush never went 90 MPH that fast in my whole life!! I have ran gas class and Super stock classes drag racing but never never went that quickly to 90 MPH...I have also had some bikes I considered very fast but WOW you would have to ride one to believe it !!!

Yeah, the EJ22 might be pretty big for a mc, but shouldn't be scary in the least....about 140HP. Personally, I don't have the need for speed like those V8's have!!!

I have a friend in IND that built a Subaru trike . I will see if I can contact him and also look for the pictures

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png