V Rod trike conversion

Jul 12, 2010
Hamburg, Arkansas
I have a 03 V Rod am thinking about converting it to a trike, would like some input from someone who has a V rod trike about which kit to use and how it will handle.
Thanks, mrplumr1

DFT has a great trike conversion for the V Rod. They put out the first kit for the V Rod in 2005 and it looked awsome. I rode that kit and it really impressed me. :wtg: :woohoo:

Depends on what you are looking for, I chose the FRANKENSTEIN look and I'm very happy with the overall performance and there is the reasonable price. RIDE one if you can find a dealer near you. The Frank kits are fairly easy to do yourself IMOP but I got a dealer In Conroe, Tx. to do it for me. curley

MotorTrike also offers a conversion. I did one of these for the the local HD shop. The only real objection I had was the small gas tank on the V-Rod, the early models had just a little over 3 gallon capacity. With the reduced mileage you get with a trike that meant stopping about every 90 miles for gas. I never rode this bike too much, it was very loud and needed lots of rpm. Looked good though!

Dwight

I changed the Oem tank soon after I bought my 03vrod. I installed a UE5 gallon tank and keyless ignition. Best Mod so far. VROD makes a great trike lots of power and I still get around 34 MPG. curley

Bazooka posted some pix of a gorgeous Hannigan V-rod trike here a while back. Absolutely to die for. Maybe he'll chime in with some info.

If anything would ever make me leave Goldie (my Honda VTX1300 trike) behind, it'd be that V-rod trike. Shhhhh, don't tell Goldie!

I have a 03 V Rod am thinking about converting it to a trike, would like some input from someone who has a V rod trike about which kit to use and how it will handle.
Thanks, mrplumr1

Hi, I have converted a few. I ride a 2006 vrod that i converted with a frankenstein kit with triple tree steering, my opinion there is no better handling if set up correct. I have 85,000 miles towing a bunkhouse camper with 3 round trips to homer alaska. gearing!( 05 below 72 tooth rear 30 tooth front, To high).(06 above 72 tooth rear 28 tooth front, To high). Now comes the frankenstein kit and it can't use the rear 72 tooth, so it come with a 70 tooth rear. just do the math. In order to get gearing back to 72 28 from 70 28 you will have to go with a front 26 tooth,I have tried all of them. Just me i am a vrod man.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png