Stallion test ride:

F

Fortsand

I had an opportunity to test ride a Stallion and the first thing that got my attention was the loud exhaust :mad:. That would be the first order of business to address. I was looking at the stock muffler underneath. I wonder how much sound deadening material it has inside. I was thinking of branching off behind the catalytic converter into twins and
installing a muffler on each side as large as could be accomodated. I wonder :confused: if that would affect the gas mileage. I don't own a
Stallion, just looking for solutions in case I decide to purchase.

Fortsand, find in the Stallion specific section the thread titled Stalion Dual Exhaust Upgrade that Bazooka started. I think the information there will give you lots of help. If you want to contact Zook about it, his contact information is under the Adventure Trike title.

Thanks for your response. I actually did the test ride at Zook's.
I have seen the exhaust mod and I believe that is mostly a cosmetic
upgrade and does not do anything with the sound. I do believe there are possibilities though. Thanks.

Joe- Thats the first system I built and it did change the sound. Deeper but not quieter. I have two other mufflers available and different tips that reduce the noise. Its not stock Gold Wing quite like you said you wanted (yet) but I'm working on it. There is limited room underneath in terms or length from the catalytic converter back and in width. Believe me...its tight with the larger mufflers.

Fortsand, I spoke with Zook about the exhaust that he is making, but for the opposite reason, we wanted a different sound. He advised he that he is making 2 versions of the dual exhaust in which one is quiter. I suggest you give him a call to get the straight skinny. My wife has had her stallion since March 9th and has 7000 miles on it. I still can not get the smile off her face.

Ted and MJ
Stallion Unit 175

Fortsand, I spoke with Zook about the exhaust that he is making, but for the opposite reason, we wanted a different sound. He advised he that he is making 2 versions of the dual exhaust in which one is quiter. I suggest you give him a call to get the straight skinny. My wife has had her stallion since March 9th and has 7000 miles on it. I still can not get the smile off her face.

Ted and MJ
Stallion Unit 175

Ted that is neat. So glad MJ is so happy with her Stallion.........we sure are!
A happy mama is a happy papa :)
ss/wendy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png