Where did those ads come from?????

The Wolf

TOI - Scotland
Mar 15, 2008
Livingston Scotland
I logged on as usual and I thought my trike site had been hijacked by some ad company.
I take it Mr/Mrs Administrator that this the way to go? I think they will get a little getting used to;)
I am not knocking the ads but as the cash gets harder to get then I see where you are going. I mean no offence by this email but the flickering down the right side kinda puts me off a wee bit. That is MHO.
Keep up the good work all you Moderators and Mr/Mrs Administrator :cool:

Wolf, U R right, sometimes things need getting used too. And the running of the board does cost some too. Looks like he took ur suggestion and maybe will cut back on the flickering some. If he don't try then he don't know how everyone accepts the changes.
Thanks for ur input.

No problem. It was just a wee point but things are hard and are going to get worse before there is change in my and eveyone elses pockets;)

Hey Wolf,

Appreciate your concern! Pardon me, I know I have not posted on here much. I do a lot of behind the scenes work.

Anyways, I just wanted you to know that your concerns have not gone un-noticed. We are simply trying things out right now, nothing is set in stone. I can tell you from having run my own forums in the past, they take a LOT of work, time, and money to run. More than anyone realizes. That said, ads bring in the best residual, faithful income to help pay the bills.

Now, what we are discussing right now, and will probably do, is have less ads for contributing members, that do donate to some of the costs involved on the site.

I just wanted to pipe in here, and assure you that the ads that you see us testing out, have nothing to do with greed and by no means mean that the forum is going downhill. On the contrary, it means that the owners take a lot of pride in this forum, and want to keep it going.

Anyways, thanks again for your concern. You will see some ads come and go, as we test out different means of paying for the site. As always, we appreciate feedback.

It has been a great pleasure building this site, and I can assure you that we want nothing but the best for triketalk.com

Thanks for your time, your support, and your faithfullness :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. Yes I am with you when you say how much time, effort and cost goes into running a website. I am not having a go in relation to the ads but just thought someone had managed to hijack it.

I appreciate all the efforts of the guys who take the time to write on the forum and give their comments. I have access to many sites and I feel that this one is friendly and I like the banter, long may it continue, keep up the great work everyone..:)

I like the ads. I think it would be better without them, but I am a free market guy. If they want to pay for me to have free access to this great source of information and entertainment then I am all for it. I am on several other blogs that deal with shooting sports, and they do the same thing. The members encourage each other to click on the adds because it brings in more revenue and the advertising company tracks that to justify the money they spend on placing that ad.

If you see something that is interesting click on it. It will only help the site.

WT and thanks for putting up such a good site.

Being from the UK you would not know....As the UK does not allow it's citizens the right to protect them selves through the use of firearms. It is all those guns that your country outlawed.

Being a Military Vet. I enjoy shooting competitively, and I support our constitutional right to bear arms. It is one of those things that separate America from the rest of the world, and I am proud of it.

On second thought, I don't like having to look at shirtless guys the entire time I am writing, the Harley mechanic guy is not too bad. The real question is whether Nana digs on either one:D:D

Mattel sounds pretty darn good with his shooting sports. I'm not bad at taking the center out of a paper plate w/ my little 22. Does that count, Mattel?

If it goes bang its all good in my book Nana! Safe shooting is the way to go and 22's are a great way to stay in practice without breaking the bank on ammo. Just remember - Gun control is being able to hit the target!:D

If it goes bang its all good in my book Nana! Safe shooting is the way to go and 22's are a great way to stay in practice without breaking the bank on ammo. Just remember - Gun control is being able to hit the target!:D

I couldn't go to work today...The voices said stay home and clean the guns.:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png