Stallion Parts & Maintenance Reference

Re: Parts & Maintenance Reference

tmigala

I had discount tire mount the tire, I took the wheel off and put the wheel back on.

had lots of fun taking the wheel off cause the axle was way to tight, the bearings ID was smaller than the axle OD.
thanks to Kevin at TBMS that problem was taken care of.

also had lots of fun putting the wheel back on. one of the bolts that go into the fork tubes (down tubes) needs to be modified, only one, you will have no problems putting the first one in but when you go to do the 2nd one you will have lots of fun unless you modify it, then it is easy.

I also have a complete list of the tools needed, some metric and some ASE.

New issue: Shifter Cable

On our trip out west, left TX and crossed over into NM. At the Visitor's Center parking lot, could not turn the key. Couldn't reach TMS and was starting to get nervous. My husband rocked the Stallion a bit and we were able to start it. Went on to Deming, NM. Next morning, same problem.
Called TMS and they said it was not reading that it was in Park. We went by the Ford dealer who had no interest in helping us. Drove to Lordsburg, NM where the folks at Smith Ford were great.

Biggest issue is communicating to a Ford dealer that it's a TMS warranty and they need to call in for authorization and instructions. The service tech said he knew what to do and didn't need them telling him what to do. I tried in various ways to explain that it was about getting paid and not voiding my warranty but no luck. Wish TMS could communicate about their product to the Ford dealer system. They want the dealers to call them but the Ford service guys don't want to wait for the busy signal to clear or to wait for Nick or Kevin to be free to speak to them. Once they finally get to talk, all goes well and the work gets done.

Now, back to my problem. The shifter cable simply needed adjustment to shift into Park and then back to the appropriate gears. Had to have it readjusted at a dealer in Calif but then we were good to go. Just a heads up if your key freezes up and nothing happens. Rock the Stallion till it settles into Park and then head to the shop for an adjustment.

Stallion Girl

Last edited:

New issue: Shifter Cable

On our trip out west, left TX and crossed over into NM. At the Visitor's Center parking lot, could not turn the key. Couldn't reach TMS and was starting to get nervous. My husband rocked the Stallion a bit and we were able to start it. Went on to Deming, NM. Next morning, same problem.
Called TMS and they said it was not reading that it was in Park. We went by the Ford dealer who had no interest in helping us. Drove to Lordsburg, NM where the folks at Smith Ford were great.

Biggest issue is communicating to a Ford dealer that it's a TMS warranty and they need to call in for authorization and instructions. The service tech said he knew what to do and didn't need them telling him what to do. I tried in various ways to explain that it was about getting paid and not voiding my warranty but no luck. Wish TMS could communicate about their product to the Ford dealer system. They want the dealers to call them but the Ford service guys don't want to wait for the busy signal to clear or to wait for Nick or Kevin to be free to speak to them. Once they finally get to talk, all goes well and the work gets done.

Now, back to my problem. The shifter cable simply needed adjustment to shift into Park and then back to the appropriate gears. Had to have it readjusted at a dealer in Calif but then we were good to go. Just a heads up if your key freezes up and nothing happens. Rock the Stallion till it settles into Park and then head to the shop for an adjustment.

Stallion Girl

A similar problem can be a lock out on the shifter due to a problem with the brake sensor. To solve this problem, you will need a flat head screw driver to pop off the cap on the face of the shifter and then push the flat metal plate and that will allow you to shift out of park. I had to do that once and it is a great thing to know when you are stuck by the side of the road!

A similar problem can be a lock out on the shifter due to a problem with the brake sensor. To solve this problem, you will need a flat head screw driver to pop off the cap on the face of the shifter and then push the flat metal plate and that will allow you to shift out of park. I had to do that once and it is a great thing to know when you are stuck by the side of the road!

Or just lift up the hood. find the button, depress it then shift transmission selector out of Park (preferably Neutral...so you can start the beast)

tmigala

I had discount tire mount the tire, I took the wheel off and put the wheel back on.

had lots of fun taking the wheel off cause the axle was way to tight, the bearings ID was smaller than the axle OD.

also had lots of fun putting the wheel back on. one of the bolts that go into the fork tubes (down tubes) needs to be modified, only one, you will have no problems putting the first one in but when you go to do the 2nd one you will have lots of fun unless you modify it, then it is easy.

Silverdevil. Can you give us a blow by blow on this project when you have time. I do not need it now but I'm sure I will in the future. Thanks

Re: Parts & Maintenance Reference-Trunk latch

I have found that if you put both hands on each end of the trunk on the top and just push straight down as if you were pushing through the trunk, it closes very nicely. I had the same issue when I first got my stallion.

tmigala

Please advise list of tools needed and parts numbers for the bearing, if you have them).

the tools needed to change out the front tire on the Stallion
go to page 49 in the little Stallion Manual and follow the steps up to step #5 on page 52.
the following is some of the steps from the manual WITH the TOOLS added.

REMOVING YOUR FRONT WHEEL
ON PAGE 49 AND 50

ITEM # 5 ON PAGE 50
REMOVE LOWER SHOCK BOLTS
( ALLEN HEAD SCREWS)
8mm ALLEN WRENCH

ITEM # 6 ON PAGE 50
LOOSEN THE FOUR PINCH BOLTS
3/16" ALLEN WRENCH ON BOLTS
7/16" WRENCH ON NUTS

ITEM # 9 ON PAGE 50
LOOSEN CALIPER SLIDE BOLTS
22mm SOCKET OR 7/8" SOCKET

ITEM # 10 ON PAGE 50
REMOVE THE BRAKE CALIPER STRUT.
14mm NUTS ON BOTH ENDS.
7/32" BOLT ON FORK TUBE END. (ALLEN HEAD)

ITEM # 11 1/2 (NOT LISTED)
TO REMOVE THE FRAME THAT HOLDS
THE BRAKE CALIPER USE A
7/32" ALLEN WRENCH

ITEM # 12 SLIDE THE AXLE OUT
30mm WRENCH OR SOCKET

THE SWING ARM THAT THE AXLE GOES THRU
AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FORK TUBE USE
6mm ALLEN ON THE BOLT AND USE
17mm OR 11/16" WRENCH ON THE NUT

TOOLS NEEDED
6mm, 8mm, 3/16, 7/32" ALLEN WRENCH
14mm, 17mm, 7/16" WRENCH (REGULAR)
IN PLACE OF THE 17mm YOU CAN USE
A 11/16" WRENCH
30mm SOCKET OR WRENCH FOR AXLE NUTS
22mm OR 7/8" SOCKET (MUST BE SOCKET) # 9

hope this answers your questions on what tools are needed
I did not change out the bearings, the wheel bearings just need lube added, a good wheel bearing grease.

a test for your STALLION dash panel

A SIMPLE TEST FOR THE GAGES AND THE LIGHTS IN THE DASH PANEL

PRESS THE TRIP BUTTON (CHANGES TOTAL MILES TO TRIP MILES) AND HOLD,
THEN TURN THE KEY TO ON

THE DISPLAY IN MILES METER SPELLS "tESt", THE T'S ARE LOWER CASE

PRESS AND RELEASE THE TRIP BUTTON THE 1ST TIME, ALL FOUR GAGES
WILL GO TO FULL ON AND THEN BACK TO FULL OFF AND THEN THE TEMP
AND GAS GAGE WILL DISPLAY THE ACTUAL TEMP AND ACTUAL GAS IN TANK.

PRESS AND RELEASE THE TRIP BUTTON THE 2ND TIME AND THE "MILES METER"
WILL DISPLAY ALL "8's"

PRESS AND RELEASE THE 3RD TIME AND ALL THE LIGHTS WILL COME ON.

IF YOU HAD THE LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC CODES PRESSING THE TRIP BUTTON
FURTHER WILL GIVE YOU LOTS MORE CODES, WITHOUT THE LIST IT IS NO
GOOD UNLESS "TBMS' IS ASKING YOU TO DO IT.

OK, The problem is the rings that are at the bottom of my roll bar. Each one has 3 little wings that hold it tight. There is a wing broken off of each ring. Don't know why or when. The way they are now, water can go right thru behind the trunk. Can they be replaced? I'm sure, but how? Where would I get replacements, Any Suggestions?

View attachment 2290

View attachment 2291

View attachment 2292

Can I suggest silicone the area around the hole to seal it and seat the rings so they do not move. No reason to ever take that area apart unless it is to replace the roll bar. I would just seal it up with clear.

we have the same problem with broken lock rings on roll bar. not only do they tip up and look like crap-wife has hers tied down with pipe cleaners- if its broke ,fix it. older models we have seen have metal rings-not plastic. will be trying to order these when i get back home. looks like a fairly good job of fixin unless roll bar just slips out.

The stallion holds exactly 4 quarts of oil.

The rear brakes when purchased from an auto parts store are off of a 07' Ford 500.

Re: Parts & Maintenance Reference-Tire pressure

The Owner's Manual says to maintain proper air pressure but I can't find anywhere in there where it says what that is supposed to be. Can anyone advise? Thanks!
Stallion Girl

42 psi front, 24 psi rear. it is located on the VIN sticker on the front frame under top triple tree

mORNING GUYS AND GALS,

i HAVE A BAD THROTTLE CABLE ON MY STALLION.....IT BROKE THE PLASTIC CONNECTOR AT THE TOP OF MOTOR....
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE PART NUMBER IS FOR REPLACEMENT?

ODDOMAN
EFFINGHAM, SC # 667:no::no::no:

mORNING GUYS AND GALS,

i HAVE A BAD THROTTLE CABLE ON MY STALLION.....IT BROKE THE PLASTIC CONNECTOR AT THE TOP OF MOTOR....
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE PART NUMBER IS FOR REPLACEMENT?

ODDOMAN
EFFINGHAM, SC # 667:no::no::no:

I think your going to have to call Stallion on that.

View attachment 2857

To the Stallion owners, I found this lift searching the internet. It's available through Northern Tool. It has a lift capacity of 2000 lbs. I thought it might be the answer for servicing my YET to arrive Stallion, like changing the oil, tires, exhaust work and so on. Since I hold the comments and opinions of this forum in such high esteem, would anyone care comment. (I hope the attachment photo displays correctly...)

Daydreamer

Last edited:

View attachment 2857

To the Stallion owners, I found this lift searching the internet. It's available through Northern Tool. It has a lift capacity of 2000 lbs. I thought it might be the answer for servicing my YET to arrive Stallion, like changing the oil, tires, exhaust work and so on. Since I hold the comments and opinions of this forum in such high esteem, would anyone care comment. (I hope the attachment photo displays correctly...)

Daydreamer

I like that. Looks like it might just work.

View attachment 2857

Daydreamer

It appears the minimum height on the lift you found is 3 9/16 in. I have a 2008and jack I bought has min 3.5 in height and it is too tall for my Stallion. Be sure to check this out befpre you buy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png