lighting

Mar 22, 2010
Nashville Mi
i recently stopped at the honda dealer i purchased my trike from and had them wire the trailer plug so i had brake lights on the trailer.
i now have brake lights only with the front brake--not with foot brake.
problem is the shop is in little rock and i am in michigan
i know they put some type a converter between the trike wireing and the trailer plug.
it is a champion trike and was pre wired for a trailer plug

Sorry sounds like they spliced into just the front circuit. I do not have a wireing diagram for your Honda, but they needed to pick up the brake light after the front and the rear switched came together to the bulb. Not sure without the diagram. Sorry no help.

Are the rear lights all LED's? There is a converter used to allow filament bulbs and leds to work properly. Check that out first. If they are different there is an electrical device that should be installed. If they are the same then the wiring was done wrong on the pig tail from the bike.

turn signals and running lights work on the trike and trailer and brake lights work on trike and trailer with hand brake.
the "convertor" was wired in directly to the wire pigtail that was installed under rear of trike. I think he said the "converter" was needed to run the system thru a four prong plug.

DUH :Computer: it was just the brake light switch adjustment-----i think perhaps when they serviced the brake system the pedal adjustment was a little higher ?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png