Swivel-Wheel Trailer behind 5th wheel

Aug 16, 2010
Danville, Ky.
In the process of buying a new 40' 5th wheel. Preparing to become a full-timer and will travel the USA. I want to take at least my trike with me. I have invstigated doing the triple tow route but length and state laws can be a issue. I found this Swivel wheel trailer that hooks onto the rear of 5th wheel and is 58" wide and can hold 1200lbs. Has anyone done this or has any experiance doing this?
Looking for advice up front, before buying.
Thanks

In the process of buying a new 40' 5th wheel. Preparing to become a full-timer and will travel the USA. I want to take at least my trike with me. I have invstigated doing the triple tow route but length and state laws can be a issue. I found this Swivel wheel trailer that hooks onto the rear of 5th wheel and is 58" wide and can hold 1200lbs. Has anyone done this or has any experiance doing this?
Looking for advice up front, before buying.
Thanks

Doc, check out katfish's toy hauler for sale under 'Other Stuff for Sale' - they've recently sold their trike and are looking for just a regular RV - might make you a good price!

Thanks for the suggestions and the PM's. So far I have been to 5 different RV dealers, and just can't convince myself to go the ToyHauler route. The only one I like is the big XLR unit. After Richards PM and my follow-up reading, I think the 8' Idaho-tote hooked to the rear of a 40' Montana FL unit, would work pretty well. I can haul both custom trike and Ultra at the same time. I probably will fab up a cover for some protection from the elements.
Thanks to all.

I have a 40ft toy hauler with 2 slide outs,been used very little.has all the
bells & plenty of living space.phone #817-692-1119.
$27000 Ray & Georgia

My brother-in-law used a swivel-wheel trailer behind his motor home to haul his Goldwing. He only used it one trip (about 6,000 miles) before he got rid of it. Said it was far more trouble than it was worth. Now he uses a standard motorcycle trailer with no trouble.

I rode out to Montana to look at the Idaho Tote , and
there was no way I would have been able to get my goldwing trike
on it comfortably. And one other thing it was a very high priced unit.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png